“Great Experience!”
Review of Spa Koru

Spa Koru
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Avon
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, the Koru Village Resort serves as the epicenter for renewal of health and wellness on the Outer Banks. Featuring the Outer Banks' premier Spa, Fitness Center, Beach Klub, Yoga Studio, Villas, Avon Pier, and Pangea Tavern. Koru Village's focus is to create a unique experience that residents and guests can share with their family and friends. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I scheduled an appointment to have my hair cut and highlighted in September of 2013. They were able to fit me in that same day. The salon is a bit small but the employees are friendly and the tools and equipment they use seems to be brand new. Tara Delfino gave me the best highlight and hair cut that I have ever gotten in my life. She was easy to talk to and did a great job. I could tell she was dedicated to her work. I paid about $100 for the cut, color, and conditioner that i decided to buy to restore protein into my hair. I highly reccommend Tara for anyone needing a haircut, color, etc while in Avon NC

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had such a wonderful experience here! My bridesmaids and I came here to get our hair done and my makeup. Chloe did my hair and makeup and I looked absolutely stunning when she was done! She did exactly what I asked her to do, along with her own personal creative touches. Everyone could not stop raving about my makeup! I can't remember the name of the other hair stylist, but my girls were very pleased with how she did their hair. I recommend this place to anyone getting married in Hatteras. Ask for Chloe in particular! She is creative, talented, and an easy-going person to just sit and chat with.

The only thing I would not recommend is reserving the Tiki Lounge. I paid $100 (which no one informed me when I made the reservation) and we hardly used it. My girls and I just hung out in the salon area most of the time because yoga class was going on outside of the lounge and we couldn't really talk and laugh like we wanted to. If I hadn't had such a great hair and makeup experience, this might have dampened my day. This is the only reason I am giving the spa a "very good", instead of an "excellent" review.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Spa Koru has the only oceanfront venue for music and on this night, the best place to view 4th of July fireworks! We enjoyed great entertainment, live music and excellent food. This is our favorite place to view the fireworks and hear great bands.

2  Thank MISSIE427
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

$15 for a day per person to use the pool... $5 a day to use Hatterus Realty's pool and it is a bigger pool... $7 for the Ember concert was cheap... $5 membership fee.... Had to pay the membership to be able to go to concert... At least one person in group of 6 had to be a member... The $15 pool free did not include the workout area...

2  Thank FuseGlassArtist
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had used the salon, and the Beach Klub for my wedding! All I can say is that the staff is so wonderul and AMAZING!!!!

My bridal party & both my mother & mother in law all loved the services.

I cannot believe how wonderful and stress free everything went.

My husband and I looked at each other and said if we could do it all over again nothing would change everything would remain the same.

1  Thank Andrea E