“Great food!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places in Avon. Fresh seafood, great service and the laid back atmosphere keeps us coming back year after year.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went in for a cold beer and loved the craft selection they had to offer! We returned several times in the 8 days we were there due to the friendly staff and the all you could eat peel and eat shrimp that was perfectly cooked each time.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

After being talked into an entree that was $10 more than my original choice, I was assured that there was no MSG used at all in the restaurant. Just because you don't put it in yourself does not mean that a pre-made element doesn't have it. After what I though was a good dinner, I spent the rest of the evening battling my MSG allergy. I would not go back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently went to the Outer Banks while there we ate at The Mad Crabber the food was great excellent crab legs great sides and fantastic desserts Staff was very friendly and the owner was a super checked to see if we were happy with everything I would tell anyone who visits in that area to go there We ate there 3 times while on vacation and cant wait to go back

1  Thank Patty J
Reviewed October 15, 2012

You have to go in with the correct expectations in order to love this place...pub tables in the front with picnic tables covered in brown paper and crayons on the table. A couple of video games in the back for the kids. It has pictures kids have colored hanging all over the walls...your kids can add theirs as well. Service is great and friendly. Also great for families, as you can be loud and laugh and no one notices you, because they're all loud and laughing too.
As for the food- great sweet tea, great fries, and good crab legs...anything too fancy save for another time!