“OK but nothing to write home about”

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Washington, DC
“OK but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a very nice server. Took her time to explain the menu and was patient while we sorted through what the specials of the night were and didn't rush us at all while deciding. That's really the reason for the 3 star review and not a 2 star. The food quality was okay (had the Tuna) but not the best I've ever had. The atmosphere was not what I expected. From the outside, the restaurant has a cool look and I envisioned something different that it was on the inside. Basically a single big room without the ambiance I expected. We ate early in the evening and the outside natural lighting coming inside from the upper windows in the building was very harsh and they did not have any lighting inside to compensate for that. We also thought the prices were on the high side of other restaurants in the area

Warsaw, Virginia
“Do not go here!!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

While staying in Avon we decided to go to Dirty Dick's crab House, wish we hadn't. The food is pricy which was fine, we expected that from seafood. What we didn't expect was the food to be so bad. It was horrible. Out of 5 people in or party no one came close to finishing anything. It was a waste of time and money. The service wasn't great either. Would not recommend this place. By your seafood from Food Lion and make it yourself if you can, it is much better.

1 Thank Jenb040608
Downingtown, PA
“Tasty”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch, and we weren't disappointed. The food was good, although it's on the pricey side for what it is. It wasn't crowded (probably due to the time that we were having lunch), and the service was good.

Is it a "must try"? No - as others have mentioned, it's a touristy place, but all-in-all it met our expectations.

• Visited August 2013
“Crowded tables and pricey menu”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 7, yes 18% gratuity was added.
This is bad policy for customers because most wait staff care less about the customers.
The meals were very good and the mariners platter is a great feast, highly recommend it.
We took leftovers home and everyone was happy with those the next day.

• Visited August 2013
“It Wasn't Dirty, It Was Delicious”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I thought I would like to eat a large number of snow crabs at the all-you-can eat menu, but I found that I was there on the wrong night, so instead, I had KING CRAB! You can't get that many places, so I was eager to try them....less work for the amount of food that you get. Anyway, the crab legs were great, but when you crack them, it is a good idea to put a napkin around the leg as they have spines that attack your hands....with the napkin, all is good and I enjoyed my food! I was there close to closing and there were many who came too late and had to find another place to eat! I felt sorry for them, but closing time is closing time!

Visited July 2013