Oceanana Family Motel
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$70
$118
Hotels.com
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$95
Agoda.com
Caribbe Inn(Atlantic Beach)
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswatermelonprivate beachoff seasonpier fishingplenty of chairslabor dayrooms are nicefeel like familybagelsfort maconhome away from homecookoutrocking
FilterAll languages
Vanceboro, NC
Reviewed August 3, 2004

I was looking for a place to spend a romantic night with my wife and came upon the Oceana Resort. The location was perfect and the price was unbeatable compared to the other hotels in the area almost a $120.00 per night cheaper !!!! The hospitality was friendly, perfect weather, staff was pleasent, room was clean but not fancy. Private Beach, Pool and Large Play area for the kids. I was so pleased I went home got the kids and spent 2 more nights there. Now if you want fancy then this isn't the place but if you want a friendly atmosphere and the ability to spend your money on other things besides a room that you don't spend much time in anyway then go somewhere else. and they took a credit card....... I will be going there everytime I go to enjoy the beach. also the fishing was great from there pier...

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed August 1, 2004

First of all the pictures on the web site are totally misleading. I was also tricked by the free peir. It's only free in the off season. The owner however gave me a free pass when I told him how the Peir House workers told me that the front desk likes to lie. The rooms were big. However no clock radio in the room surprised me. I was also put off by the dirty carpet. You have to pay extra for the maid to clean. The play area was very old, and dangerous. A so called wheel of fun looked more like a concussion machine. This and a merry go round are located on concrete and in close vicinity to walls. The small child pen looked more like a pig sty. The employees seemed rude most of the time. Especially at the front desk. The peir house was not too bad the food is decent and the price is not too bad. The doors in the room stuck and you had to kick them to open and close. The door to the room was a piece of junk. You often had to fiddle with the key for several minutes to get them locked and unlocked. Our room was on the corner next to the road and we could hear everything. I don't know what keeps the room cold but you cannot control it. Overall the room was a poor value, the hotel is old and needs updating, the play land is nasty, and the help could use an attitude adjustment. Don't stay here there are several other nearby hotels which are just as close to the beach and similar in price.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hardwick, Vermont
Reviewed July 9, 2004

My Friend rented me a room there and it was the best stay. The rooms are not picture perfect but they are clean and comfortable.It is a nice quite place to relax. The staff couldn't be more curtious and helpful. The beach right there for your pleasure and it wasn't crowded or a lot of unrulely teenagers.
and I liked the free breakfast buy the beach. coffee ,fruit ,cereal The nats or whatever they were was some bother but no fault of the motel.And the early morning walk on the beach was heaven. I will go there again some day soon. I just wish more hotels,motels were like the Oceanana. It is a little slice of heaven.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member