Oceanana Family Motel
$187
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
$139
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
$141
$115
$110
$154
$139
$66
Atlantic Beach Resort(Atlantic Beach)
TripAdvisor
A Place at the Beach III(Atlantic Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswatermelonprivate beachoutdoor kitchenpier fishingplenty of chairslabor dayac unitbreakfast is servedfeel like familyyogurtfort maconhome away from homebeach chairs and umbrellascookoutrockingshuffleboard
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My parents and I stayed at Oceanana during a Fri. - Sun. 3-day weekend. I reserved an upstairs room with 2 double beds which had a dorm size refrigerator, which was basically all we needed for 2 nights.
I have only 2 complaints about our stay here: My first complaint about our room is there was an odor which we noticed after walking into our room. We were told our room was "newly renovated", so the odor could have been a combination of paint and something else? The lavatory area looked new, as in the sink, fixture, and top had recently been replaced. The air conditioner was running full blast for who knows long, so we simply turned it off. After turning off the a/c we didn't notice the odor nearly as much. After a warm mid 80's day on Sat. I turned the a/c back on to low and the odor was barely noticeable. The second complaint I need to mention is the pillows on the beds are flat as pancakes! If you are a side-sleeper like me, take a nice thick pillow from home that will give your head and neck proper support!
My parents are in their mid-70's and they really enjoy staying here. They both love to fish off Oceanana's pier, which is very well maintained. Hotel guests receive FREE passes to fish on the pier! At the end of the pier, there is a covered gazebo type structure which is a very cool place to get out of the sun and watch the fisherman. Thanks to the friendly and very helpful staff at the front desk, we learned a fishing license is NOT required for an individual fishing off the pier. However, if you plan to surf fish, you will need to acquire a N.C. fishing license. Good to know, right?!
This hotel is very convenient to some great restaurants. If you stay here, it is well worth your time to take a short drive down to Ft. Macon State Park. We also went to the N.C. Acquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and we drove over to Beaufort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My Husband I have stayed there for 2years and we plan to stay there this year. The rooms are very comfortable. My husband relaxes and I do to. We stay for a week usually in October because it is not to hot and we can enjoy the beach. People there are very friendly and courteous. They are not fancy but I like comfortable. They are very clean,and that is what matters to me

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kismo141
Reviewed September 3, 2013

So me and my lil guys were here 2 weeks ago... upon arrival it reminded me of something out of a horror movie. It was raining ridiculously hard for the entire trip and it was sooooo dark, I passed right by the resort hotel at first. Turned around in 3 inches of standing water to finally make my way up the little hill and I pulled into the parkinglot... A large glass office was there to great me and one of the gentlemen came out to welcome me. After checking in and getting my keys he offered to take my bags but we always travel light when going to the beach so we just had our back packs. the room was on the 2nd floor... glass sliding door and the room actually reminded me of a jail cell at first (no I've never been to jail... just tv references).
It was clean, very basic but not disappointing... as Im a pretty simple hotel person to please... the next day we went out to breakfast, more than your typical continental breakfast... it was a chow line set up and a covered veranda greeted us to seat. While eating we had views of the resort area... pool, tot lots, obstacle course and a awesome view of the pier and ocean. The beach was literally 50-100 feet away... the stay was great

Room Tip: Rooms on the west and south side have less noise from cars coming into the pier
1  Thank Corwin_Hyman_Sr
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights here very recently. This was the 2nd time we'd stayed at the Oceanana. I should have known better than to go back there. We weren't fortunate enough to get an "updated" room. They have A LOT of work to do before I will go back. Sliding glass doors that had gaps big enough for mice to get in when closed. Sticky carpet. TERRIBLE mattresses. Yellow stuff dripping down the wall in the bathroom. Even my 6 yr. old son complained about the bed. The bedside lamp had a short in it. We were going to voice our complaints before we left, but both people in the office were on the phone. We just didn't want to waste our time. I expect a better room for $135 a night.

4  Thank KellyMcLambert
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place is GREAT for families, especially with small children. Stayed there with my grandsons, ages 2 and 4. Everything we could want or need was there. Playground, riding toys, pools, beach, chairs, breakfast. I could go on and on. Great for the money. The place is a little older, but pretty well taken care of. I think I will make this a yearly vacation, at least until the kids out grow it, and then I may just go back myself. Relaxing and close to other attractions. If you are looking for a family friendly fun vacation, this is IT!

2  Thank Kathie K