Oceanana Family Motel
$246
Doubletree.com
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$171
$161
Caribbe Inn(Atlantic Beach)
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswatermelonprivate beachoff seasonpier fishingplenty of chairslabor dayrooms are nicefeel like familybagelsfort maconhome away from homecookoutrocking
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family vacationed at Oceanana from 1984 - 2005. Great for families with children age 0 - 16. Continential breakfast by the pool daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Watermelon Parties Wednesdays & Sundays afternoon. Renovated pier with a gazebo at the end soon to be a bar. Free pier fishing with hotel stay. Lifeguards on site to help you tote chairs and beach items to the beach. Bike trail & lots of playgrounds for ages 3-16.

Room Tip: Suite room offer kitchens to cook dinner for your family. Down east rooms are the largest regular rooms at the hotel with views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MissDiva715
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Oceanana is an older Motel so it does not have all the frills that recently built Motels have but it is clean, the staff are very courteous, a tropical breakfast is served each morning, outdoor playground and swimming pool for children and the location can not be beat if you are in the Atlantic Beach area. It is located right on the beach giving you direct access to the only remaining Pier in the area and the beach itself. It is very close to many attractions in the area making it a great "base" camp. We have stayed here twice and would like to return someday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came down here for the NC Seafood Festival, all the other places were booked, I read all the bad reviews of this place and almost didn't book it.......I took into consideration the types of bad reviews, like brick walls and staff not being friendly etc etc, all of which I don't care about, I mean I see the staff when I check it and check out........whether they are friendly or not what's it matter to me I'll never seen them.......all the fancy amenities I don't care about either, after all I booked this place to sleep while I'm at the beach, if I'm going to be spending a significant amount of time inside. Then I should have stayed at home.........we're here for four nights, I'm writing this after my first night because I listed all the complaints prior to getting here and I went through them all within the first hour of checking in........not one of them would change my mind about this place......

Me and my daughter of three had a ball on the play ground set, this place is awesome if you have kids, yeh the place is old but it's absolutely great.......if this place is from the 70's then there's ja reason it's still in business.....I will definitely be back here.......pool over looks the beach, and the pier is right there.......please don't listen to the negative reviews, this place is awesome.........do what I did Jane give it a chance.......I would consider the folks that wrote all the negative reviews, id put money on it that they would complain at the Hilton also......I love the fact that I can park my car right outsider my room.....we got the downcast room, it's behind the main building and kind secluded, nice privacy and about a 30sec kwalk to the play ground and pool, extra 30 sec to the beach and pier..........loving this place already on day 1 of 4.......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was driving all night around this area trying find somewhere to sleep after our long drive from ohio. Found Oceana, and the man at the desk, i think name was Steve?? Soooo nice & welcoing. Couldnt even beliece it so reassuring with such kindhearted staff. Will def return. Thx steve!!! Roons are nice great location!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Aueandjitty
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great place to stay as a family. Yes, the rooms aer older as this is a very old motel. Our room was clean, carpet was ok to be a beachfront family motel. The staff are very friendly. The guests are also friendly. The pool is nice and is deeper than most pools. They have grills you can use right in front of your room (on bottom floor- all things needed included). Continental breakfast is good with good selection. We had 2 teenage kids with us and they had alot of fun. My son wants to stay here each time we come. The pier is right next to it. It is only about 4 or 5 blocks from "the circle" and beach shops- so walking distance-Definatly recommend to people with children. They also are one of the few motels that have a seperate room- if you have older children with you-

Room Tip: lower level- you can grill in front of your room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family