WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great Location with Pier” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oceanana Family Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Oceanana Family Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Greentop, Mo
“Great Location with Pier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Oceanana is an older Motel so it does not have all the frills that recently built Motels have but it is clean, the staff are very courteous, a tropical breakfast is served each morning, outdoor playground and swimming pool for children and the location can not be beat if you are in the Atlantic Beach area. It is located right on the beach giving you direct access to the only remaining Pier in the area and the beach itself. It is very close to many attractions in the area making it a great "base" camp. We have stayed here twice and would like to return someday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came down here for the NC Seafood Festival, all the other places were booked, I read all the bad reviews of this place and almost didn't book it.......I took into consideration the types of bad reviews, like brick walls and staff not being friendly etc etc, all of which I don't care about, I mean I see the staff when I check it and check out........whether they are friendly or not what's it matter to me I'll never seen them.......all the fancy amenities I don't care about either, after all I booked this place to sleep while I'm at the beach, if I'm going to be spending a significant amount of time inside. Then I should have stayed at home.........we're here for four nights, I'm writing this after my first night because I listed all the complaints prior to getting here and I went through them all within the first hour of checking in........not one of them would change my mind about this place......

Me and my daughter of three had a ball on the play ground set, this place is awesome if you have kids, yeh the place is old but it's absolutely great.......if this place is from the 70's then there's ja reason it's still in business.....I will definitely be back here.......pool over looks the beach, and the pier is right there.......please don't listen to the negative reviews, this place is awesome.........do what I did Jane give it a chance.......I would consider the folks that wrote all the negative reviews, id put money on it that they would complain at the Hilton also......I love the fact that I can park my car right outsider my room.....we got the downcast room, it's behind the main building and kind secluded, nice privacy and about a 30sec kwalk to the play ground and pool, extra 30 sec to the beach and pier..........loving this place already on day 1 of 4.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Gary M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was driving all night around this area trying find somewhere to sleep after our long drive from ohio. Found Oceana, and the man at the desk, i think name was Steve?? Soooo nice & welcoing. Couldnt even beliece it so reassuring with such kindhearted staff. Will def return. Thx steve!!! Roons are nice great location!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Aueandjitty
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great place to stay as a family. Yes, the rooms aer older as this is a very old motel. Our room was clean, carpet was ok to be a beachfront family motel. The staff are very friendly. The guests are also friendly. The pool is nice and is deeper than most pools. They have grills you can use right in front of your room (on bottom floor- all things needed included). Continental breakfast is good with good selection. We had 2 teenage kids with us and they had alot of fun. My son wants to stay here each time we come. The pier is right next to it. It is only about 4 or 5 blocks from "the circle" and beach shops- so walking distance-Definatly recommend to people with children. They also are one of the few motels that have a seperate room- if you have older children with you-

Room Tip: lower level- you can grill in front of your room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sunshine8673
Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I were able to book a room last minute at the Oceanana . The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean but very out dated. I was impressed how the staff seemed to be proud of their resort and were pleasant to all guests. I would return to this resort simply because they do not nickle and dime you for your stay. It is a wonderful place to relax and for kids to play.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amanda M
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Oceanana is a great place to stay with or without children. My family has been going there for years and I love it. They have swings, bikes,basketball court,playhouse,toddler play area, and thats just for the children. If the kids are happy and playing then the parents are sure to be happy. Website also states that fishing passing are given offseason you just need to READ. My family and I will be back at Oceanana July 18, and as for me and my family we cant wait, this is part 2 of our family reunion. Thanks to the big grill that they have we always have a big cookout and sit around and relax and enjoy each other as you should on vacation.

Room Tip: Downeast rooms are good for added room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrl813
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Please do not listen to the negative nancies, If you are looking for the Hilton, this is not your place. If you are a tired parent and the thought of lugging beach chairs, coolers and everything that goes along with a kid then this is your place. We have been coming here for three years, multiple times a season. We stay long weekends.They take the work out of a beach trip. this is the beach and we have no problem with the price. We have stayed at other places and we know what they charge, so when the take the work out of the trip for us, we have NO problem paying the price.
You are thinking....what work....well, they will put their chairs and umberellas out on the beach (so do not pack yours!) they will even put an umberella at the pool for you. The pool has a wall seperating the kiddie 2 ft. pool from the rest. we love this because my 2 year old can play and my 4 year old can climb over the wall and feel like a big girl. The breakfast is vast and perfect for even the picky eaters.they had cereal, oatmeal, grits, several juices, chocolate and regular milk, cheese cubes, many individualized patries such as honey buns, doughnuts, pecan swirls, etc....they had plenty. They have a coffee bar near the ice machines all day if you are a coffee drinker. You can sit and enjoy your breakfast while your kids can play on some toys. They even have bicycles that they can ride on the bike path. There is swings,slides, fireman poles, many games that the whole family can play. You can even walk next door to the pier, which my kids love at night to see the catch of the night. we do eat breakfast at the pier next door at least once, which is always good. We have adult beverages all day on the beach and walk over to Amos Mosquitoes.....what more can we say for a relaxing day on the beach with kida? We got a suite, the room was clean and none of us had any problems sleeping soundly ever night!! The beds were comfortable, clean and had no problems whatsover with the A/c. It was very cold......The suite had two-burners, dorm frig and microwave...perfect for us. They also provide grills, charcoal, lighter fluid and all the paper products, plates, forks, etc. All you do is show up with the meat. It was so nice to see so many families enjoying themselves at night after a day on the beach or by the pool. We walked around at night and let the kids play on the playground and we enjoyed our adult beverages. There were rocking chairs that many of the grandparents enjoyed. I am not sure if they have an elevator, so if you have anyone elderly request a first floor room. They also have buggies that you can push your kid to the room from the beach.

Room Tip: request near the ocean...they have little tykes buggy strollers so you can push your little ones.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank iloveoib
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#9 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Oceanana Family Motel? Share your experiences!