“Grouper bites are fresh, delicious and cheap!”
Review of Shark Shack

Shark Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Fresh seafood and Tacos, wraps, blackened fish, fried oysters, crab cakes, grouper bites, shrimp burgers, angus burgers, grilled or blackened tuna, and daily fresh seafood specials, prepared by Chef Tom!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Grouper bites are fresh, delicious and cheap!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

all our meals were delicious, they fries were hot and plentiful. The owners brought us out some free fried oysters to taste - YUM

Visited May 2013

NC
“Disappointment!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to try this but we were very disappointed. Had the grouper bites and fried scallops and it was just plain too greasy and everything tasted the same. Cole slaw had way too much mayo and fries were limp. Location is good; outside eating is casual, but the food just didn't make it at all.

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I always go here for grouper”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Once I discovered the Shark Shack and grouper I can't get enough. Every time I visit the condo with my friends we go and usually more than one time during our stay. We do not have grouper in central PA. So by the time I return to NC it is the first place we eat.

• Visited September 2012
“Family-Friendly outdoor dining with good, casual food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

After being cooped up in a car seat the whole ride to the beach, the last thing our toddler wants is to get in a high chair. When we arrive at Atlantic Beach with our tummies rumbling, we head over to Shark Shack. They have an enclosed outdoor area with corn hole and lots of toys for the little ones. The food is casual, without many health food options, but very good. We love their grouper bites with homemade remoulade and our son enjoys the grilled cheese. They also have burgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches for those who don't care for seafood. The service is very, very friendly and fast. They serve beer and I have heard that it is a fun place to come at night for corn hole and music. Skip the drive thru and go where the locals go for a quick bite!

1 Thank sarahjayneedwards
Los Angeles, California
“Would be good on a sunny day”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We came here after my 1st choice of shrimp burger place had already closed for the day. I remember reading about this place on TA, so we decided to give it a whirl. Cute little "shack" right on the main road in AB. I got the shrimp burger and my friend had the BBQ sandwich. Total came to $24 with 2 sweet teas. A little pricey for a lunch place, but you do get a lot of food. The shrimp burger was interesting. I was hoping it would be like the "other" place (I had such good memories!), but it was just a bunch of fried shrimp piled on a kaiser roll. At least the shrimp were huge and tasty, but they kept falling off the bun! They had 3 different sauces, cocktail, tarter and a remoulade. I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I reverted to my childhood favorite of mixing the cocktail and tarter together. :) The BBQ was also good, but my friend was dissapointed when it came with a "Kraft" style BBQ sauce instead of the eastern NC vinegar based sauce. I also thought the sweet tea tasted like the one out of the soda fountain, not fresh brewed (sorry to be so picky, but when you travel 2600 miles home, you want some fresh sweet tea!!)

The outdoor area was super cute. Basically like your grandparent's back yard. They had picnic tables with umbrellas, badmitton and cornhole. Unfortunately, it looked like it was going to rain, it was really breezy and cool, so we just ate and ran. I would of enjoyed hanging out for a couple of beers and a game of cornhole!