Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Caribbe Inn(Atlantic Beach)
Excellent 5/5
Oceanana Family Motel(Atlantic Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewstile floorsshort walk to the beachroom was cleancoffee makerwithin walking distancekitchen sinkfort maconfront officecorn holeopened the doorflat screen tvcleaning staffgreat roomwould definitely stay here againoff seasonmotelmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I absolutely LOVE this place!! We stayed here for a couples weekend of fishing at the beach and the set up here was perfect. There were 2 other couples with us that weekend and we each rented separate units: Some of my favorite things about Island Inn are:

1. Friendly Staff - We arrived at about 11am Friday morning and were greeted by two friendly employees. We knew that we couldn't check in until 3pm, but the front desk agent offered to take our number and call us as soon as the room was ready. We didn't even have to ask. Great service goes a long way with me!

2. Value - Unit 501 is listed on the website as a "3 Room Apartment" with a full eat in kitchen, separate living room, and separate bedroom. It's the largest room that the inn has. When I booked it online, I was a little nervous for two reasons. 1) 501 is the only unit that doesn't have pictures available. 2) The price was insanely reasonable for the included in room amenities that were offered. When we pulled up to our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that Unit 501 has a private driveway :) Awesome! I opened the door and was blown away! Stainless steel appliances, easy to clean tile floors, dining table for 4 in a great sized kitchen (fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, cleaning agents, utensils, etc.), tastefully decorated from start to finish, granite counters from the kitchen to the bathroom, comfy king sized bed - 501 HAS IT ALL! And for everything, we paid $349 for two nights, and that included taxes. By far one of the best deals I've ever had.

3. Great Location - It's not ocean front, but it is only two country blocks (pretty short) to the beach. It's also about a mile and a half from Oceana Pier (which was perfect for our spontaneous trips to the pier for night fishing.

4. Cleanliness - Our unit had been cleaned very well, which was impressive considering the size and the fact that the prior guests had checked out earlier that day. The counters, tables and surfaces were all clean to the touch. The sheets were crisp and smelled fresh. Even the eyes on the stove had fresh foil around the coverings.

We could not have picked a better place to stay for our Girls Gone Fishin' weekend at the beach. 501 gave us the perfect "meeting place" to get together and share good times and laughs with friends. The set up made it easy for the girls to sit, chat and enjoy cocktails in the dining room, while the guys swooned over their fishing gear in the living room. We had a perfect weekend, with perfect weather and Island Inn was just like the icing on the cake!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Peepsy82
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed during a sold out weekend on Memorial Day weekend, so the prices were pretty high. However, the price $125 with 3 night minimum was still the cheapest within 10 miles of the center of Atlantic Beach. Usually non-chain motels end up being a regretable stay, but this one did not turn out that way. The rooms were very clean and decorated with a beach theme. The bathroom was clean with good water pressure. The towels were small and low quality but my guess is that these towels often disappear to the beach so I can see why they did not invest much in them. Having a microwave and fridge along with a kitchen sink was a nice feature. However, my girlfriend complained that the lighting was horrible for applying make-up. The TV is nothing special but then again we had it on for a total of 5 minutes just to check the weather/sports. The bed spread is older and had a stain on it, but you could tell the bedding was recently washed. A/C unit worked well. The small pool was good enough to get wet a quick swim in but the deck only had a handful of chairs to sit in by the pool. The wireless internet is very poor as it was slow and disconnected often. The office hours are not 24/7 as they do not have a night staff. The walk to the beach is only 2 blocks away and a great feature. This part of the beach is less crowded than the main access point a few block north. McDonalds and pizza/sandwich joint is only 1 block walk away. Overall it was a pleasant stay but avoid the high cost on a holiday weekend and then it would be a great bargain.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I needed a place to stay for week that allowed me to work during the day and visit with family who had come in from Texas for a week and bring one of my dogs. No way I could get any work done at my parents with 4 adults and 2 kids running around all day, but I was not able to take time off from work due to a project. They had free wi-fi so I was able to work.

It didn't have a fitness center, but since it is close enough to walk to the beach who needs a fitness center. Loved walking/running with my dog down to the boardwalk and on the beach and around the neighborhood. Always felt safe.

Even though there were people on either side of me most of the time I heard nothing, they have done a good job with the sound proofing. And the rooms are just adorable. I had a Queen Effic Suite so I could cook and save some money. I only ate out one night the whole time I was there so mission accomplished. I stayed a Sat - Sun (8 nights).

Even though I was working during the day I still had a good time. The location was close enough to walk to the beach at lunch each day and close enough to my parents that I did not have to spend a lot of time driving back and forth each night. Perfect location and the room was terrific. I was able to get my work done in a comfortable and clean environment. The staff was fantastic and the lady who cleaned my room even brought treats for my dog. The only thing I would ding them on is that the bed was too soft, but hey, I like a firm bed so it's more me than them. :) I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DoggieMom
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The rooms are clean and beautiful. The outside area was nicely landscaped and the pool was clean even in the winter I thought it was a great value considering the room was larger than an average motel room and the bed was really very comfortable. I would easily say this was the best night's sleep I have ever had in a motel. Staff was super nice and helpful .A very minor thing was the quality of the towels and washcloths. They were not what I would expect from this nice place. It was a great weekend and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiMi50010
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Basically someone previously had a cat in our room and I am allergic to cats…so the cat hair got on my night clothes and then on everything in my suitcase…not a good situation for me.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple