“Here we go again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Grille

Island Grille
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Island Grille is a small restaurant on Atlantic Beach. We specialize in keeping our menu fresh and try to accommodate both those with a thirst for fresh seafood and those who would rather try a traditional dish with a new perspective. Although we would love to accommodate everyone who walks in our door reservations are recommended and the restaurant is LIVELY! You may be seated close to other guests, you may get visits from all of our staff throughout the night as they graze your table.. If you are looking for a great meal in a fun and fearless environment check us out on Monday or Tuesday during BOGO entree night. If you like things a little more laid back I recommend reservations any other day! But, I always recommend them!!! See you soon at The Island Grille! -Amiee Scott General Manager
“Here we go again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I don't know what the rankings are based on, but no way is Island Grille the 8th best restaurant in Atlantic Beach. It's #1 and not even close. I was there again Saturday night and had beef bourguignon (one of a few new items on their menu). It was so hearty and flavorful! When finished I asked my waitress (Deana, who was fantastic) to tell Chef Jason I wished I was still hungry because I really wanted to try the pink snapper special.

The food is great, and the wait staff does everything they can to serve everyone in a relaxed, friendly manner. Sure, it's a small place and can get a little noisy but that's what it sounds like in a place where people are enjoying a nice dinner and having a good time. Give them a try, and don't whine about the prices...it's a resort, fresh and quality ingredients aren't cheap, and they don't just dump stuff in the deep fryer.

Rick Hardy
Wilson, NC

Visited April 2014

Eastern Shore of Virginia, Virginia
“Put this on your "must do" list while on the Crystal Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Mondays and Tuesdays are BOGO meal free nights. They are a bit pricey so try to go one of these two nights if you can. In any case, they are definately worth it! we both had the swordfish with yukon mashed potatoes and squash and topped it off with their homemade spice cake. This is a five star restaurant from the service to the presentation of food and of course the meal was fabulous. i suggest making reservations because the place is quite small.

Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I wish I could give a higher rating, but only the food is wonderful. I tried swordfish, which I didn't think I liked, and loved it. It was blackened and served with gorgonzola sauce and green apple relish. Lovely combination! My friend thought here flounder was delicious. Food is great, but the restaurant is very small and very crowded. Nice servers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
“Great Monday/Tuesday Bargain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Two for one offers on Mondays and Tuesdays are a real bargain. Food is excellent with a nice presentation. Wait staff are friendly and efficient. A lively and inviting restaurant. Highly recommended on any day.

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Monday and Tuesday night deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a small bar-like space. It is expensive but great cooking. I particularly like the way the match sea food with fruits and vegetables. They also have a good selection of affordable wines that compliment their creations. Monday and Tuesday nights you get a second entree for free. The two-for-one dinner deal makes the restaurant a little expensive but affordable for special occasions.

Visited September 2013