“Very good place to eat!!”
Review of Island Grille

Island Grille
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Island Grille is a small restaurant on Atlantic Beach. We specialize in keeping our menu fresh and try to accommodate both those with a thirst for fresh seafood and those who would rather try a traditional dish with a new perspective. Although we would love to accommodate everyone who walks in our door reservations are recommended and the restaurant is LIVELY! You may be seated close to other guests, you may get visits from all of our staff throughout the night as they graze your table.. If you are looking for a great meal in a fun and fearless environment check us out on Monday or Tuesday during BOGO entree night. If you like things a little more laid back I recommend reservations any other day! But, I always recommend them!!! See you soon at The Island Grille! -Amiee Scott General Manager
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Beaufort, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Very good place to eat!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed June 27, 2008

My husband, son, and I dined at the Island Grille the first night that we arrived in Atlantic Beach in June 2008. We got there when they opened at 5 PM so we were their first customers. It was a Sunday evening and by the time we left around 6 PM only one other table was occupied. The lady that served us was very friendly and offered to have the cook make a more simple dish of buttered pasta with shrimp on the side for our son which he loved. I had the crabcakes which were very good and my husband loved the tuna dish.
As the other reviews have stated this is a small restaurant but we liked the relaxed, friendly environment and enjoyed being able to see the ocean through the windows. Since the meals are a bit pricey (which seemed to be the case with most of the restaurants we went to in that area) I would make sure to go on a Monday or Tuesday night if we were to go again since those are the nights they have their 2 for 1 specials.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

We went here a few days after Memorial Day on a Wednesday night and it was almost completely empty. We had basically the restaurant to ourselves, which coupled with the rain gave it a warm atmosphere. Our server was very nice and helpful. The food was good, but the menu describes fancy-sounding items that end up being pretty simple. Definitely not bad though, just a little expensive (what isn't here?) and simple. 2 entrees, 1 app, and a $25ish bottle of wine came to $100 with tip. Definitely wouldn't eat here regularly if it were in my hometown, but it was a fun experience and worth a try.

1  Thank Dore08
Reviewed May 30, 2008

Island Grille is a smallish beach hideaway, which, to my thinking, makes it charming. I love the casual atmosphere, and maybe 2 or 3 times a week, you'll find me plopped on a barstool enjoying some wonderful chardonay and chatting with other locals and tourists. The staff has been there for almost ten years, so, it's easy to get to know them if you frequent. The interesting seafood dishes just makes it more special.

Reviewed May 5, 2008

Picture six hungry, tired, talkative women in town for a professional conference as they walk into a restaurant that is probably smaller than your livingroom. On a night when locals and other tourists are clamoring for the two-for-one specials, most would say this is a disaster waiting to happen. Not at all. I was part of that group of six last week, and the Island Grille gave me one of the best meals I have had in years.

We did not have reservations, so we took the offer of sitting at the bar. For our large group, this worked better than a table probably would have. The Island Grille is small, but the ambiance is fresh and comfortable. The windows overlooking the ocean let in a lot of light.

The two-for-one priced specials were written on a big chalkboard on one end of the room. Our server told us we could also order from the menu but that those selections would be full-price. There were plenty of choices on the specials menu, and each featured unique combinations of ingredients while maintaining an air of familiarity and simplicity. Some of us split a bottle of chardonnay soon after we were seated.

The server brought a couple baskets of warm bread and olive oil with roasted garlic and other spices. This service provided a welcoming start to the dinner. When our dinners arrived at the bar, I was surprised at how attractive the plating was. Each dish showed off beautiful colors and textures. Most of the people in my party ordered the shrimp and scallop dinner. The portion was generous, and the tomato and cream sauce looked delicious.

I ordered the yellow fin tuna steak with corn salsa. An unbelievably luxurious-tasting mashed potato accompanied the fish. The grilled tuna, the sparkling flavor of the salsa, and the cozy quality of the mashed potatoes all worked together nicely. The portion was perfect, and the taste was wonderful.

We asked about dessert, and our server gave us three choices. So everyone could share, we ordered one slice of each: key-lime pie, caramel-chocolate cake, and orange-scented chocolate cheesecake. All were very good, but I loved the caramel-chocolate cake. It was warm and drizzled in sauce—the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Each of us enjoyed at least one bite of each dessert and talked about how we would try to visit the Island Grille again before the conference was over.

1  Thank pollyjean23