“Great Food”
Review of Island Grille

Island Grille
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Island Grille is a small restaurant on Atlantic Beach. We specialize in keeping our menu fresh and try to accommodate both those with a thirst for fresh seafood and those who would rather try a traditional dish with a new perspective. Although we would love to accommodate everyone who walks in our door reservations are recommended and the restaurant is LIVELY! You may be seated close to other guests, you may get visits from all of our staff throughout the night as they graze your table.. If you are looking for a great meal in a fun and fearless environment check us out on Monday or Tuesday during BOGO entree night. If you like things a little more laid back I recommend reservations any other day! But, I always recommend them!!! See you soon at The Island Grille! -Amiee Scott General Manager
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great food . a little tight and loud for my preference. would go again but time it to miss the rush. Interesting selection of small plates and appetizers clearly demonstrate innovative kitchen

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Monday and Tuesday are two-for-nights, so be sure to make a reservation. My wife and I ate their twice, first on a Tuesday and then on Saturday. Both meals were excellent.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are always excited to visit Emerald Isle and try tasty NC cuisine. This time we had a list of restaurants we visited in the past and Island Grille was on the top of the list. Unfortunately, the food wasn't as memorable as last year. Filet mignon was just OK. Nothing special, no unique flavour, very bland. Other three dishes very equally uneventful: good but not excellent. It is a good place to go if you haven't experienced it but next year it will not be on our top 5 list.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I went here as they had eaten here last year while on vacation. As others have said, Mondays and Tuesdays are buy one get one free entrees. My mom had made reservations there for two nights in a row. The place is small. Super tight with tables on top of each other. Upon arrival, we had to wait to be seated because the hostess was not by the door. Once we were finally seated we were told MEGAN would be with us. After maybe 5 minutes, Megan finally stopped by. We ordered two entrees from the BOGO menu (my parents were sharing a meal but would be charged the $6 sharing fee) and an appetizer of crab dip. She brought out our drinks and the app came quickly. I had told her that I wanted my tuna steak no pink so she says, " Well you can get medium well which is a little pink and if you dont like it you can send it back to be thrown back on the grill." I had to break it down for her as she seemed to be a little air headed. At this point Megan tells us that you cannot share the BOGO menu items because the kitchen is already backed up. She was putting the blame somewhere else because she failed to tell us this when we ordered. So my dad ended up ordering a meal of his own. Since we were a party if three the third entree would be half price so it's nice that you don't need to order 4 to get the deal. But the whole reason we went was because my dad had planned on ordering the two dishes from the get go.

Food was pretty good but the service was horrendous. Since the place is so small, people are squeezing by constantly. The hostess needs to 1. Dress a little nicer 2. Not be walking all over the restaurant and stay up by the door and 3. Say excuse me when she brushes up against you with her bottom/leg while you are trying to enjoy a meal. She bumped into my dad at least a dozen times without saying anything.

While the concept is good, this place is going nowhere. My dad cancelled our reservations for the following night as we will be going to another restaurant in town. Biggest let down. Don't go here.

1  Thank Toni T
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The crabcake i had was exceptionally good. Definitely get that if you go. Either as an appetizer or as dinner. The bread was also excellent. The fish tacos were underseasoned. The burger was ENORMOUS but not very special except for the size. The filet mignon looked delicious. We didn't order that but it looked like an excellent choice.