“Great service, Great steak”
Review of Island Grille

Island Grille
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Island Grille is a small restaurant on Atlantic Beach. We specialize in keeping our menu fresh and try to accommodate both those with a thirst for fresh seafood and those who would rather try a traditional dish with a new perspective. Although we would love to accommodate everyone who walks in our door reservations are recommended and the restaurant is LIVELY! You may be seated close to other guests, you may get visits from all of our staff throughout the night as they graze your table.. If you are looking for a great meal in a fun and fearless environment check us out on Monday or Tuesday during BOGO entree night. If you like things a little more laid back I recommend reservations any other day! But, I always recommend them!!! See you soon at The Island Grille! -Amiee Scott General Manager
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Even off season with 5pm reservations there was a line waiting to get in at opening - a good sign. I can see why. If you are adverse to closeness this may not be for you because it is very small and tables are quite close together. This is usually an issue for us but did not make our visit unenjoyable. Service was excellent with servers helping each other. We started with crab dip and was enough that we took some home. We both had the stuffed filet mignon and I have to say it was the most tender and best tasting steak I have ever eaten. On Mondays and Tuesdays they have Buy one, Get one which makes this exceptional meal quite reasonable. When in Atlantic Beach I have no doubt we will return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We visited this restaurant on one of their 2 for 1 special nights. There were four entrees to choose from: shrimp/scallops over fettuccine w/a creamsauce, stuffed filet mignon, tuna/swordfish with strawberry glaze over rice, and blackened mahi mahi with vegetables. The shrimp/scallops dish was delicious---seafood was nicely cooked, and I heard good feedback on the filet as well. Not spectacular lick your plate, but quite nice.

My comment is more on the atmosphere, which this place definitely lacks. The tables are all incredibly tight and you are eating high priced food in tight booths that are little better than what you'd find in a fast food restaurant. We had a party of 9 and they were only able to accommodate us at three different booths. I would not recommend for groups or for children. We paid $6 per bowl of pasta for the children and when I thought to investigate other opinions (which a different waitress informed me of after I just placed their order), the kitchen was inflexible and would not adjust the order because it was already in (come on guys, how complicated is an order for a bowl of noodles...you can't adjust that? really??)

Not too many good restaurants at Atlantic Beach, so I might consider them another time---but as a couple, never again as part of a group or with our children. 2 for 1 special was a good deal, but the regular menu item prices are on the high side and the atmosphere is quainter, friendlier, and more flexible elsewhere. Don't go out of your way to make this place happen.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We (five adults) attended this restaurant on a Tuesday evening during the summer during their 2 for 1 specials.
Not every entree was specially priced, and (Surprise) the accompanying sides on the full priced entrees were much better.
The food was okay and the service was quite good, but this is still a pricey place

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Service is friendly and helpful. We stopped for a drink, sat at the bar, and were given bread and olive oil. Told the barmistress that we weren't eating. She said, "No problem. Enjoy." We ended up ordering appetizers. They were sooo good that we returned another nite for dinner. I had the same appetizer - scallops over smoky gouda grits. Sublime!! both times. Our dinners were good. Then came dessert. OMG. We both had the Key Lime Pie (which I order often anywhere it's available). This was the best either of us have ever tasted.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Amazing food for the money. We ended up eating here two times on vacation, so that must say something!!!! GREAT prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great food and very clean!!!!! And this is coming from one restaurant manager to another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!