“Absolutely fantastic!!!”
Review of Island Grille

Island Grille
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Island Grille is a small restaurant on Atlantic Beach. We specialize in keeping our menu fresh and try to accommodate both those with a thirst for fresh seafood and those who would rather try a traditional dish with a new perspective. Although we would love to accommodate everyone who walks in our door reservations are recommended and the restaurant is LIVELY! You may be seated close to other guests, you may get visits from all of our staff throughout the night as they graze your table.. If you are looking for a great meal in a fun and fearless environment check us out on Monday or Tuesday during BOGO entree night. If you like things a little more laid back I recommend reservations any other day! But, I always recommend them!!! See you soon at The Island Grille! -Amiee Scott General Manager
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I recently visited Island Grille with my husband and our friends from out of town. This was both couples first time to the restaurant and we weren't disappointed. I can't say enough good things about Island Grille. The service was great, food outstanding, and atmosphere perfect after a long day at the beach. The restaurant is quite small, but we did have a reservation with it being the 4th of July weekend. Our reservation was at 6 and were the first to arrive, but by 7, the place was packed!

The food was outstanding.....my friends and husband love seafood and all said it was some of the best dishes they've had. My husband ordered the fish special - snapper, and friends the shrimp and grits. I'm not a huge fan of seafood and was not disappointed with the signature filet. It was delish!! Dessert was just as great as the main course. We shared the key lime pie, chocolate tarte and cheesecake with raspberry sauce.

We'll definitely be back next time we're in Atlantic Beach! Thanks Island Grille for a memorable, fantastic dinner with great friends!

1  Thank penguins319

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Service at the Island Grille is always great. We go there about each time we visit Atlantic Beach. On Monday and Tuesday nights they have buy one - get one free. It's a limited menu, but the food is excellent. Our favorite (about each time we go) is Shrimp & Scallops over fettuccine or the stuffed filet (stuffed with feta cheese, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes). We always have trouble deciding which to have. The other items on the menu are interesting, but we always come back to these two.

From the outside, the restaurant looks like something you might want to avoid -- and it's not in the classiest part of town (Money Island Drive). Inside it's "intimate". Your next-door neighbor's table is only a few inches away from yours. Reservations are pretty much mandatory except in the slowest of off-season. It's very popular with locals who are in the know.

Another thing that you can do on the Monday/Tuesday is to order take-out (and still get the buy one/get one). Your atmosphere will be that of your own accommodations, but the food is the same excellent quality. We've done this when there weren't any reservations available.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Who knew? We have dined in fine establishments from Maine to Key West and across this great country. The Island Grille equals and surpasses some of the more well known epicurial experiences. Fine ocean views, intimate, warm decor. Limited space forces tables a bit close, however, from appertizers to desserts, the quality, quantity and flavors of Island Grilles' menu render space a minor issue. Service, such as we received from Christy, was above reproach. We highly recommend the Island Grille, Atlantic Beach, NC.
Mr. D

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had our best meal on the Crystal Coast at the Island Grill. We also enjoyed the 2 for 1 entrees on a Tuesday night. My partner had the signature filet mignon stuffed with smoked bacon, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil topped with a roasted red pepper cream sauce over house potatoes and snap peas. I had the sautéed Tiger shrimp and sea scallops with romas, artichokes, and spinach in a lobster cream sauce over linguine.

The steak had a wonderful aged quality. This dish worked in every way. It was definitely better than the sum of the individual ingredients. The same could be said for the seafood pasta dish. Having in enjoyed many seafood pasta dishes in my life; this may be the best I have ever had. The lobster cream sauce was so good that we had to finish it off with the bread. These are tributes to a highly skilled chef(s) in the kitchen. You could try these dishes at home, but I dare say that you won’t be able to duplicate them.

The Monday and Tuesday night special make this restaurant a good deal. The food is bound to be stellar, but be prepared to pay top dollar on any other night. That signature filet is the most expensive entrée. It will cost you $32 for the entrée alone on any other night. We found the food prices to be fairly high in Atlantic Beach.

The real difference is that this little restaurant manages to deliver the quality that we make even the foodie crowd happy. Better make a reservation. Even on a Tuesday night in late February this little restaurant was packed. Someone else pointed out that you might actually have more elbow eating at the bar.

1  Thank Darren C
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Upon first appearance this restaurant seems lacking. It truly looks like a dive..from the outside. Once in the doors it is a very quaint, homey, restaurant with a happy smiling staff. We went to Island Grill on Tuesday. This is obviously a local favorite. We were surpised at how busy it was and thrilled to get a table. I ordered the stuffed filet mignon. All I can say is OMG, WOW! My mouth still waters while thinking of it! Of course we had an appetizer, the goat cheese crostini, YUMMY. My friend had the seafood pasta. She loved her dish however was a little disappointed with the portion of pasta. You can't get too much of a good thing! I would go back. I would go back tonight! Kudos to Island Grille, a little hard to find, but a definite treasure!