“fabulous!!!”

Amos Mosquito's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
Virginia
“fabulous!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I loved this place. Great atmosphere, friendly and very attentive staff. The food was great. I had a delicious oyster appetizer, a flounder fillet that was perfectly done, a yummy red velvet cake for dessert, and a wonderful ale the waitress recommended. I loved every bite!
It wasnt a bargain, but it was a wonderful dining experience.

1 Thank narniatraveler

cary, nc
“Best of Atlantic Beach”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My family and I ate here 5 times during the week we were in Atlantic Beach on vacation. Other people in our group tried other restaurants in the area and were disappointed in comparison to Amos Mosquitos. Karaoke night got really smoky in the bar later in the evening (which I am absolutely disgusted by) but I stuck through it b/c it was so much fun. We even tried to recreate our favorite dishes once we returned home. I am getting married this summer and am seriously considering a return trip to Atlantic Beach for the honeymoon because the possibility of eating dinner at "skeeter's" every day has to be as good as if not better than an all-inclusive in Jamaica.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty nice place...has...”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Pretty nice place...has a good atmosphere and food thats better than any chain restaurant in the area and on par with some of the better local restaurants.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Alexandria
“Not for young children”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We went to Amos Mosquitos during July 2008. It was a Thursday night.
We waited an hour and a half to be seated. Once we were seated ,the service was extraordinarily slow as well as poor. At the end of our meal we had to request the bill from our waitress. While waiting for the bill I had to leave the table to take my 3 year old son to the bathroom. My 19 month old daughter began to cry after I left. Before I got back from the bathroom the owner/manager came to the table and asked my family if he could take my daughter to the lobby area and give her a tattoo/sticker because she was disrupting "these fine" people during their meal.
I was in the bathroom less than three minutes. When I returned to the table, as I'm pulling my money out to pay my bill, he immediately came over one more time and asked to remove my daughter again because she was crying.
I should of had a clue before we were seated when I saw a father in the lobby area trying to get his three week old to stop crying. She obviously had been banished.
As far as the food, the portions were not worth the price.
If you have small children and they can't sit for dinner for longer than three and a half hours, I suggest you skip Amos Mosquitos.
Northern Virginia native