“Awesome experience”

Amos Mosquito's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
Statesville, North Carolina
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a really large group, so we showed up a little before 5 to try to avoid a long wait.The staff saw us waiting in the parking lot and even let us in a little early. Our server, "Peaches" was fantastic. We shared the lobster and red pepper dip for an appetizer. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the tuna which was on special. Everything was delicious. I'd have to say that dessert was a bit of a let-down for me. We shared the key lime pie, and for me it was just so-so. But that may have been because I was absolutely stuffed from my meal and so NO dessert could have appealed to me by then! Our children had the Smore's. Obviously, there's nothing gourmet about it, but the novelty was fun for them. Loved the mosquito "soundtrack" in the bathroom! This was by far the best meal of our vacation, and we'll definitely return!

1 Thank Vanessa C

Richmond, Virginia
“Cool place with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We saw the parking lot packed every night so we figured it was good. We went about 5:00 and did not have to wait on a table. The restaurant has vines and Spanish moss hanging from the ceiling so you feel like you're truly down south. We sat in the back so we could see the wildlife on the sound-beautiful. The pictures I am posting are the lobster dip with red peppers-yum! And the fried shrimp dinner- abundant and perfectly cooked! We will definitely go back again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank blipblops
Reedville, Virginia
“"seafooded out"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Last night of our days in eastern Carolina's and I was ready for a steak. We chose Amos Mosquito's from Trip Advisor and headed over. My husband had a generous portion of fish over rice and I had the filet. It was melt in your mouth and more than I could contain. Yummy Key Lime for dessert. ( We have to try it everywhere) The funniest part of the night was the mosquitoes buzzing in the bathroom. You' ll have to go.

• Visited April 2014
“Best place to eat on Atlantic Beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Good food, friendly staff, great atmosphere. The service is great. Sometime a wait but handled well.

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Good is always great. Never had a bad meal there and they treat you like friends. Our go to spot in Atlantic Beach area.