“Great find”

Amos Mosquito's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
North Carolina
“Great find”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I used TA to find this place and all the positive reviews are dead on! Parking is the only drawback to the entire experience because it is so darn busy. All the staff there are super friendly and knowledgeable about the entrees. My wife and I had the warm goat cheese lobster dip as an appetizer and it was over-the-top! My yellowfin tuna entree was cooked perfectly and presented with flair. The have a fairly decent selection of beers and wines but its certainly not their strength. They also have a fortified wine license so you can have a port with your dessert. Amos Mosquito's has one of the best key lime pies I've ever had anywhere. I prefer my key lime pie tart and it met the requirement nicely. Prices are very reasonable. We will be back!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Recommend”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate at Amos Mosquitos on a Saturday night in late September. Short pleasant wait on porch with rocking chairs, 15 min. they don't take reservations. Crabcake appetizer was tasty, not as crabby as we would like. The fried flounder and scollops were excellent, lightly battered and fried just right. The key lime pie was also excellent. Had an attentive and happy server, Junior. I really doubt it is her name.... Enjoyable evening and good food.

Troy, Virginia
“Superb evening for the four of us!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The service staff was excellent, particularly Roscoe, our server. The managerial staff was exceptional. We appreciated the "thank you for waiting for us" as we were seated. The food -
scallops and shrimp alfredo, broiled local flounder, glazed meatloaf, and broiled scallops were all absolutely delicious. The bartenders were wonderful as we waited for our table. There were no negatives at this wonderful, fun place to have dinner. Thanks so much!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Our Favorite!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Service, food, decor, setting - have always been fabulous! We always dine there twice during the week.

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good for AB, but not great in the Grand Scheme of restaurants”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate here on a Wednesday night in September and both my wife and I were not impressed. Don't get me wrong, the food was solid, but far from spectacular. I had a ribeye with a crabcake add-on and my wife had a mixed seafood grill-type entree. My steak was ok and my wife's seafood including scallops etc was under-seasoned and rather bland. The atmosphere is ok, but I really dislike the type of restaurant that is setup to maximize the number of tables at the expense of the patrons. What I mean by this is that the tables in the main inner dining room can all be slid together and apart and there are no partitions whatsoever so that you can literally be at a two-top and be 3 feet away from another couple--fun right? I wish I could offer a lot of better suggestions, but there aren't very many good restaurants in this area. We did actually enjoy the Ruddy Duck in Morehead(much more of a pub) a lot better than this restaurant.