“It's easy to see why Amos Mosquitos in ranked number one!”

Amos Mosquito's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
Newport, NC
“It's easy to see why Amos Mosquitos in ranked number one!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Try the sushi! You won't regret it. And the pails of bread and crackers they serve with meals is outstanding! On Wednesday night there is a 2 for 1 special. The food is plentiful and you can try two different entrees. I recommend that you eat in the bar area on Thursday night so that you can have a front row seat for Karaoke. Even if you aren't a singer it's always a fun time.

Paden City, West Virginia
“Will go back.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What great service from the time we got to the parking lot to the last minute when we were asked to return. Don't miss this great event, the food was to die for and you are treated like a family member.

Amherst, Virginia
“Our all time favorite!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have been coming to Emerald Isle twice a year for 9 years now. The place we must always go is Amos Mosquito's! We went there tonight and as usual we loved it. This time I need to give them a huge pat on the back. I ordered something that I had never tried. I ordered the Mixed Seafood Grill. I normally love most fish but tonight something just wasn't quite right. After 9 years I have never had anything that wasn't just plain yummy here, so I am afraid it was me and my buds ( my taste buds, that is) My husband said it tasted fine. Now, this is not a cheap meal so I felt terrible telling the server that I didn't really care for it when she asked us how things were. She was fantastic ! She took it right up, as I apologized profusely, and brought me the menu to pick out another item. The Jamaican Jerk Chicken has always been a favorite of mine, so I ordered that. I was not disappointed one tiny bit ! This expereince has endeared me to not only this restaurant but the owners as well. They always greet us warmly as friends . Any one who says this place doesn't have atmosphere is off their rocker!! The newly remodeled "outside" area looks beautiful !! Amos Mosquito's is absolutely the best place to go on the Island or anywhere within at least 50 miles in my humble opinion . Oh! They have awsome glasses , t-shirts and hats as well ! Don't forget the S'mores! Yeah, we'll be back. Always!!

1 Thank Marylou C
Fryeburg, Maine
“Fun, touristy place”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had dinner on a Wednesday night, when they offer half price entrees. It was very busy, we put our name in and had a drink at the bar. The drinks were good and our wait was short!
I ordered a salad and an app for my dinner, it was good. The rest of the group ordered dinner salads and seafood entrees. The service was efficient, but there wasn't any effort out forth to connect with us; however, as I earlier stated, it was busy. Would we go back? Probably, but definitely on a Wednesday, as the place is very pricey for what they offer.

• Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, NC
“A Nice Place for Tourists”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The good: The owner is friendly, and the quality of the food is excellent. Nice decor and theme throughout the place.

The bad: Overpriced, small-portioned meals. You'll leave still hungry. Long wait time with no waiting area. The tourists (usually from up North) are rude to the locals, especially when they can't handle their liquor...don't know which was worse...having to listen to the guy talking about his ski-trip to Aspen at 85dB, the guy who kept putting his beer on our table and backing into me (even though the room wasn't that crowded), or listening to the loudmouth New Yorker who incorrectly blathers non-stop about how it's people like him who 'single-handedly' keep the local economy afloat, or everything they stereotypically think is wrong with the South and it's locals.

There are plenty of better, cheaper dining options in the area...especially family friendly ones.

• Visited May 2012