Caribbe Inn
$171
$137
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
$129
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
$141
$115
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$113
$98
$108
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Oceanana Family Motel(Atlantic Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboat slipsshort walk to the beachanniversary cardplace to staybeach chairsporch swingclean roomsceiling fanclothes linefeel right at homewithin walking distancefort maconfeel like familyhome away from hometwo queen bedsstayed longertrip to atlantic beach
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed in room 14 of this pet friendly motel and thought it very nice. Our room was big, with 2 twin beds and bunk beds, and a fully stocked kitchen area. The beach is about 3 blocks away across a busy highway, but it's not impossible to cross. Very nice and friendly owners.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nursedude
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Of all the places I stay this is one of my favorite. It's the coolest place to stay. Quiet, close to beach and sound, clean rooms, affordable prices, the owners are great. You get a tootsie pop on check-in along with handwritten notes from Trish. The hand painted rooms are like being in a Jimmy Buffett dream. I always look forward to my stay and have never been dissappointed. Anyone who dosen't like this place should just stay in an overpriced, dull, stuffy condo.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kannatibj
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My extended family was staying in an oceanfront condo but my sister and I opted to get a room so we could sleep in a bed instead of a pull out couch. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. I checked the mattress for bed bugs and none were found. Air conditioner worked great...it was hot as anything outside and nice and cool in our room. Very quiet....we slept great all night. Plenty of hot water for showers....bathroom is very small but clean. Nice size refrigerator....we didn't use the microwave. Cute places to sit outside. Owners and staff very friendly. The only thing it's missing is a pool. We were able to use the pool at our family's resort.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth4251987
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My mother and I chose to stay here by internet. I had never been to Atlantic Beach, so I didn't know the area. When I called, the owner was very helpful. My main concern was that the rooms were clean, so we ended up with a great place. Some of the other reviews say they rooms were not clean, but their rating from the state of NC was 100.0 A, which is posted where you check in. The rooms were cute, clean and comfy. One reviewer said that ac units were loud. They were, but I think it helped to drown out any outside noise. My mom, who is not a good sleeper, slept well the whole stay. It was a short easy walk to the beach. Even the highway didn't usually slow you down. The staff all seemed very friendly. We had wonderful weather, and an uncrowded beach, so there isn't much I would change about this trip. I would definatly return here to this motel.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank srogers180
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We arrived late, walked into the room ... immediately noticed the fantasy painted walls (FUN) , the LOUD AIR CONDITIONER (could not hear yourself even think much less sleep) and the smell of mildew.. The humidity was SOOooo bad, the bed and floor were both wet with humidity. We could not sleep because the bed sheets were damp , the smell of mildew (thought we may get legionnaire disease) was horrilble and to top it off...THAT LOUD AIR CONDITIONER was a constant reminder! We immeditately got out in the morning(7am), had breakfast and drove to another hotel with beach front view ($30 more) and completed our vacation. If I were still in high school and looking for just a place to leave my clothers, I would not have cared. Unfortunately, I did not want my clothes to be subject to mold or mildew and I like a clean dry bed.
The owner seemed unknowing of the problem..although, she did comment on being aware of the loud air conditioner but, she was nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tarimarie
trish3rd, Owner at Caribbe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

This is a dishonest and untrue review!

If this guest had these kind of problems with her room, why would she ever stay? How could she ever sleep in this room? Why didn't she contact me with these concerns, I'm on the property 24/7. My cell phone number is in the room, in our directory. My cell phone is at my side 24/7. Why did she pay when she checked out?

I know if I checked into a motel and the bed sheets were wet and the room smelled of mildew and I thought that I was going to get Legionnaires' disease, which by the way you can't get with window air-conditioning units, I would contact someone or leave immediately. There would be no way I would stay!

I checked the room after this guest paid and left, and found it very cold, not wet or moldy or smelling of mildew. I said the air conditioner was larger than needed for the size of the room. I didn't say that it was loud, it isn't. And I wasn't aware of any problems with the room, because there weren't any. There is not and has never been mold or mildew in any of our rooms. Our health rating for the 4th year is 100%.

The couples who used this room before and AFTER this guest said they loved the room, the bed was extremely comfortable and they enjoyed their stay.

We never heard from this guest until she checked out the following morning and of course she did not want to stay the second night that she reserved. Did she expect an oceanfront motel and need an excuse to cancel the second night? Something is very suspicious about this review.