“worked for us....”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“worked for us....”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

As the other reviews have said it is in need of an update but what I didn't like was how crowded it seemed. Our food was great and the server we had was more than helpful as my teenagers could not make a decision! I felt the price we paid was fairly reasonable considering we had lobster and steak combos and sea bass.

• Visited August 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“a gem in Atlantic Beach”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were very surprised. The food here is much better than the decor or building suggest. It could have been freshened up a bit.

• Visited July 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good food. Great view.”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The crab legs (a la carte order) and ribeye were really good. The crystal coast chowder was good, but not as good as some I've had (Capt Charlie's in Swansboro had really good chowder once upon a time, in its time). The restaurant is crowded and the bathrooms are not very nice. We were lucky to get close to the window and the view was awesome. One stand-out feature was that they took call-ahead seating. We called, were told 30 min. wait, got ready and drove there and went right to our table. Maybe it was just because it was raining like crazy, but it was NICE that they did that. Other servers seemed more tuned in than our waitress. We wondered if we were her only upstairs table? Would go LONG stretches w/o seeing her, but others helped us some in her absence... But the food was good and the view was good, so we'd definitely go back.

Visited July 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Rude Bartender”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I cannot speak for the service of the other staff or the food, but the bartender was incredibly rude to my friend and I when we came to sit at the bar. It was raining outside and we were searching for a place to get in for a break from the beach, which we would be returning to. We searched the drink menu and appetizers with the intent to purchase something while waited. All of the drinks and food were a bit expensive and we decided to leave after about sitting at the empty bar, yes completely empty bar, for roughly 7 minutes. As we got up to leave, the bartender made the comment we should buy something next time or sit out in the gazebo instead of coming inside. Well now there will definitely not be a next time we visit your resturant after that unnecessary comment.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank shellesmith
Triad, NC
“Incredible!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been going to Atlantic Beach for years but only just now discovered this jewel! They don't just cook seafood. They PREPARE it with delectable flavors and nuances that are uniquely their own. Our group actually went two nights in a row so we could try other items they offered. We had seafood, pasta, chicken, ribs, and dessert, and nobody was ever disappointed! My son, the picky eater, said their ribs were the best he'd ever had. The conch fritters were better than those I had in Florida earlier this year. And the Blackberry Cobbler (always on their menu) was incredible! This will now be our "can't miss" restaurant for every trip to Atlantic Beach and surrounding areas. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention it's oceanfront dining too! I can't wait to go again!

• Visited June 2014