“Totally Dissatified”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

After reading all the reviews we were looking forward to a first class restaurant near our place at the beach. We were celebrating my birthday over President's Day weekend. First the good stuff. The service was great and the salad and Tortuga Dips were delightful. We could hardly wait for the main course. I ordered King Crab and my husband ordered the shrimp pot. I knew I was in trouble immediately when I picked up a crab leg and it just bent over. The shells were soggy and the meat came out like cottage cheese. Obviously had been refrozen. My husbands shrimp were also soggy and the shells were nearly impossible to remove. Again. Refrozen. We should have sent the whole thing back but typically we don't like to make a scene in public places. For a dinner that had a staggering price, even by big city standards, this was a travesty! If you are slightly handicapped this is not your place. Steep, steep stairways upon entering and in the upper dining room. We have already shared this experience with friends and now it is my obligation to share it with you. Save your money...

2  Thank 947barbarav

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit this year and I am pleased to report the food, menu, service, and "beachy" atmosphere is as great as ever. The lobster was cooked perfect and sides delicious. No wonder they have good crowds on cold, wet week nights. Highly recommended for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Found this great little restaurant at Atlantic Beach public beach access. Returned twice during last years vacation. Will be back this year for sure! Friendly people, excellent food, nice atmosphere and loved the deck overlooking the beach.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We walked upstairs and were seated by the nice lady that served us. She explained the menu and specials to us. They have bottle beer, no draft. My wife had the wildflower witbier which is a NC wheat beer and water for us also. The conch fritters sat on a bed of mixed greens salad and they were great with the homemade mango/pineapple dipping sauce. We had the blackened tuna sandwich cooked rare without the bread and a side salad of mixed baby greens. The tuna was cooked right and the salad with the homemade dressing 9spicy French with gorgonzola cheese) was out of this world. I had the Harkers Island clams and the crystal coast clam chowder. I ate the whole thing with a smile later. The coconut crème brulee was glazed at our table and it was so good. Here is a fantastic ocean view! A great meal on a wet and cold night outside.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Food, service, and view are excellent. Will definitely go back. The mango mojito was excellent. We had checked other local restaurants and they had the best menu.