“Engagement weekend”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Steve and I were looking for good food with a great view... we found it here! Our server Nancy was great. My parent's live in NC and we go there 2 times a year. This was the first time we went to Crab's Claw and we will definitely go on our next visit. The beach, the view, and the service was great!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

First time at the Crab's Claw and we will definitely be back! We have been going to the Crystal Coast for years and were looking for a new place to eat when we discovered the Crab's Claw. Nice location, right on the beach and the food was awesome. We both had the special that night, herb encrusted trigger fish over pasta which was different and delicious! Service was great (ask for Rose) and prices were good.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

......We are local's at this tourist restaurant, we eat here often off season and rarely in season. You could almost call this place a dump but the food is excellent and has been for a long while, the one thing that bugs me is for a high dollar restaurant why are they using paper napkins......

Reviewed August 27, 2013

First and last visit to the Crab's Claw for us.

Our appetizer was "curried shrimp" which meant five shrimp on a bed of bell peppers with curry sprinkled all over the plate. Underneath was 1/2 cup of juice.... 1/2 cup of juice??? Nasty!

Main course: we both went for the big steam pot with 2 clusters of crab, blue mussels and fresh steamed veggies. I don't even understand how they can manage to screw up something as simple as steaming.

The crab was reasonable as well as the corn on a cob. But the potatoes were cooked so much they simply fell apart, the blue mussels were completely dried out and rubbery and had no taste left, I picked up a pinky-size peace of carrot and bent it over 90 degrees without it breaking it!! How this is even possible, I don't know.

One more thing: When you ask my wife if she wants another drink, please note that my glass is empty on the table. Oh, and in this day and age with identity theft and such, I would appreciate it if you didn't drop my credit card for some random guy to find on the floor. Fortunately he was an honest man and turned it in so we could continue our vacation.

Bottom line, Crab's Claw rely on their sublime location as a tourist trap that can't be bothered with quality. It is just sad that they don't see the potential they have with all the treasures of the ocean right on their door step. Pathetic !!!

1  Thank Michael I
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have only eaten at the Crab's Claw for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were four of us eating together and everyone ordered something different and enjoyed our meal. The view of the ocean is spectacular and I think a few $$ are added to the price of the meal to pony up for the location. Is it worth it...I would say yes. All in all a good meal and a great location with a fun atmosphere...enjoy!