“Modest Appearance with 5 star food.”
Review of Crab's Claw

Crab's Claw
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New Bern, North Carolina
“Modest Appearance with 5 star food.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a must place to visit if only just for the food. I am sure the chef must have won a lot of awards because the quality of the meals is not short of outstanding!!!!!.

It also boast a great view of the ocean BUT I have a few suggestions.

If people are eating here not just for the food but the view then CLEAN the windows.
The ocean would look a better place if the streaks on the glass are not there.
It's your view then you must profit from it as a focal point.

The Sign needs to be above the entrance as you walk from your car to the stairs, not hidden behind very tall palm trees.

• Visited April 2013

“Owner is a psychopath”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First, our drinks were ok, made with house (aristocrat) liquor. Second, menu was boring and when I complained about my food, I was berated by the owner. Don't eat here, it is the biggest sham in the area!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Jacob991
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Yes, you do have to climb stairs to the entrance but that's how you get the view from the dinning area. I've seen this very thing at other seaside restaurants that offer ocean or water views. That aside, I'd say we've always had a good experience at the Crab's Claw. We've treated out-of-town guests here because it is a neat place and the meals have been good to great. Regarding some other reviews I suppose there are times when something is amiss in the kitchen but our experience hasn't shown this. We plan on returning and enjoying the view and the food.

• Visited March 2013
Bristow, Virginia
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I went here for a quick date without the kids. Drinks are pricey and small. Atmosphere is relaxed and fairly casual. I will say that I don't think it would be handicap friendly as dining occurs on the upper level with a great view of the ocean. We started with the crab dip trio. It was good but definitely pricey for the little crab found in the dips. Please note, I love crab dip and again I am a Maryland crab dip lover. I am used to a much larger portion for less price. Hubby ordered a mahi mahi sandwich? The fish was extremely fresh and he really enjoyed it. The portion for that was excellent. He had a side of potato salad which he thought was pretty good. I ordered the cajun shrimp. It was flavorless except for the seasoning sprinkled on the what I presume was frozen shrimp. It was served with fries and a cole slaw made with red cabbage. I am so glad I didn't order the plate for $10 more. What I enjoyed the most was my dessert. It was a chocolate c halet cake. It had a layer of white chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse , and a layer of chocolate cake. It was excellent! Moist and not too sweet. Our server was a little flighty but friendly. I did see that there were a couple specials and the lobster looked like it was cooked perfectly.

New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Love it here!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Crab's Claw is amazing everytime we go. Whenever we have family in town it's a great place to take them to sit at a beach front restaurant and have an amazing meal!

• Visited February 2013