“First time visit”

Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“First time visit”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I dropped by this little place. So glad we did. I had shrimp and grouper and the wife had mahi mahi. Both were delicious. For desert we had the signature blueberry cobbler with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream...out of this world! Our service was good. The view was great, as the place sits on the water with an ocean view. The main seating area is up a flight of stairs, but there are places for handicapped persons to sit on the lower level. It has a full bar and drinks are reasonably priced. I read an earlier review of how someone was looking for "regular seafood"...most of the dishes here seem to be prepared with a caribbean flare so just be aware of that. We definitely liked it and The Crab' Claw is definitely on our return list of restaurants.

Newport, North Carolina
“Crab's Clas is OK”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant and were a little disappointed. The menu was quite fancy, which made it hard to find "normal" seafood. The food is also quite pricey. The view is gorgeous as it sits oceanfront on the Crystal Coast but the food is still overpriced.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank kdhbeachbum
“TERRIBLE FOOD”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 3 times the first was great the second was okay the third was AWFUL.. I will never eat there again the chicken was slopped with barbecue sauce and very cold it tasted like someone boiled the chicken and then just put sauce on it and threw it on a plate of fries.. the cornbread had no flavor. the fish was so blackened it tasted like crap.. I didnt even eat it but paid for it.. I have no idea what happened to this restaurant but will difinantly will never go there again..

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank trishluvsbrad
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My fiance and I tried it out for the first time for Valentines dinner. It was awesome!!! We live in the area and had never been. Needless to say we have been missing out. We tried the Valentines specials but first we started off with the crab dips. They were amazing! Surf and Turf for me and a stuffed filet for her. Some of the best food we have had in a long time.

Visited February 2013
Havelock, North Carolina
“A great place”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Food was very good . the service was great . the view was the best.

What more can I say We plan to be back soon. as soon as the weather warm up so we can set outside and hav more clams

• Visited February 2013