“Ok, but not great.”
Review of Crab's Claw

Crab's Claw
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ok, but not great.”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our waitress was great, especially when my husband had to send back his steak because it practically moo'd. I wasn't sure my daughter's lobster tail was fully cooked.
Overpriced. They offered nothing before the meal (no hush puppies, bread - nothing.)
The view is beautiful, but that alone is not enough for us to return.

Visited July 2012

Chesapeake
“The Crab Claw was a Crabless Experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was one of the worst dining experiences that I’ve ever had. My traveling companion had both read the reviews online and figured we’d give the Crab Claw a whirl our first night in town for our mini vacation to Atlantic Beach last weekend. The hostess was courteous and polite. We were seated outside in a very dimly lit area, where the banister obstructed our view from the ocean. Unlike the hostess, our waitress on the other hand was something to be desired. She didn’t seem that knowledgeable of the menu. I ordered the crab cake sandwich, and my companion ordered the crab cake dinner. The waitress informed my dinner date that his crab cake would be served with pasta and she wanted to make him aware. Her tone was rather condescending and rude. While waiting for our meal I informed the server that my Ginger Ale had a funny taste and requested something else in its place. Instead of providing me with another beverage she stated that we had already been charged and she’d just get me another one. So, I just settled for water the rest of the night. When I food came out I was really shocked when I picked up my sandwich and it just fell apart in my hands. The bun was dry and I’m still searching for the crabmeat because it definitely wasn’t on my plate. I tried my best to eat this meal considering I was so hungry, but I was unable to and settled for a late night run to McDonald’s and my date did the same. Needless to say, we will not be returning the Crab Claw because it was a crabless experience.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ayesha H
Cary, North Carolina
“Delicious food, no air conditioning”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Food was excellent and waiter was fantastic! I don't know if the a/c was broken or if they regularly don't have a/c. We were there the weekend of the record breaking he's wave.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MABKJB
New Jersey, USA
“Excellent Casual Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a great lunch. The fried flounder sandwich was very well seasoned and not at all greasy like some fried fish sandwiches on the island. Others in my party raved about the tuna special (kind of like a tuna melt, but with fresh yellowtail tuna on pita chips) and a perfectly cooked mahi mahi sandwich with a honey Dijon sauce.

The beer selection was good - the standards, plus Flying Fish, Natty Greene's, and some other micro brews - and cheap!

The atmosphere was "beach shack" without being kitschy. We sat inside, but there seemed to be a very nice outdoor patio overlooking the beach.The service was excellent. Our waiter Patrick was very pleasant, and the food came quickly and as ordered. Parking was easy in the afternoon, but could become a little tough during a dinner rush.

All in my party - who have been coming to the island for over a decade - thought this was one off the best restaurants we've visited here.

Rolesville, North Carolina
“Great Place on the Ocean”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food was fantastic. The view was great. Our only mistake was eating outside when the wind was blowing. This of course was not the fault of the restaurant... This was our second visit to Atlantic Beach and also our second visit to the Crab's Claw.

Visited June 2012