“Beautiful Views”

Channel Marker
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A staple in the community since 1981, The Channel Marker Restaurant is the largest restaurant on the island, also offering the largest outside seating in the area. Open daily for lunch, standing by our motto - "Don't take a lunch break. Take a mental break..." Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch right beside the water.Nightly drink specials from our bar staff and ever-changing chef features by our Executive Chef!!We offer limitless options for catering, either off or on premises! Our desserts are made in-house by our award-winning Pastry Chef, so make sure to leave room!Looking for a wedding or special event cake? Look no further! We are able to provide "just dessert", with competitive pricing, uncompromised flavors, and the "wow" factor. Contact us for more information!!We're giving you a whole new reason to come to the beach...
Reidsville, NC
“Beautiful Views”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We read and heard some good reviews of the Channel Marker, so thought we would try it on our last night in Atlantic Beach. We sat out on the deck and it was an absolutely beautiful evening. The view of the water is wonderful. I wish the food was as good as the view. My husband ordered a three item friend combo and he said it was pretty good. The portion was good for the money. I had grilled Mahi-Mahi, which was recommended by our waiter. There was really nothing special about it at all. The fish was slightly overcooked and therefore a bit dry. The cole slaw was oddly dry and unappetizing. While we were eating, a local fisherman pulled up to the dock and was showing fish to the owner, so I know the fish is fresh. I just wish it was cooked better. We had much better fish while on the island, but not a better view.

Visited October 2013

“Second time...”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I visited the Channel Marker, due to the "Toast to the Coast"...several area restaurants participate in this and it runs for about a week during the first part of October. They have a preplanned menu for a certain amout of money. Here, it was an appetizer, entree and dessert for 25 bucks (not to include drinks).

For our appetizers, I ordered the Ceaser Salad, and my wife had clam chowder...both delicious. For entrees, I had the grilled Mahi, served with cauliflower and broccoli...once again, delicious. My wife ordered the shrimp and grits...very good and more than she could eat. For dessert, I had "Death by chocolate" and my wife had some type of pumpkin flavored pudding.

The restaurant is nice and clean wirh a great view of the Bouge Sound. Our server was awesome, and stayed on top of our needs...we did not have to ask for anything.

My only complaint with the Channel Marker is that it's a little pricey, but the food is fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
Topsail Beach, North Carolina
“Great find, can't wait to come back!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in the Atlantic Beach area performing a wedding and wanted to grab a bite to eat before heading home to Topsail Island. A friend and I had checked reviews on the local establishments and the Channel Marker looked like a good bet, turns out it was a GREAT bet! Our server was on top of it, prompt and personable. We had an appetizer of calamari and it was delicious, just the perfect crunch and the batter had much more seasoning than calamari generally does. It was light and kept it's integrity through the entire meal. My friend and I both had the fish and chips, which were delicious. The fish breading was light and the fish itself was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh. It's such a nice surprise to have more fish than breading. The fish came with two hushpuppies and fries and everything was hot and ready to eat when it arrived. All their sauces, cocktail, marinara, and tartar tasted home made and delicious. We were really impressed by everything. We sat outside and watched the boats and sea life go by. Toward the end of our lunch the General Manager/Partner, Ed Myers, came out to ask us how everything was. He seemed sincere in knowing and we had an enjoyable conversation with him. I travel all over NC performing wedding ceremonies and all to often when I stop in a place reviewed as great I don't find the same results. However, the Channel Marker will most certainly be the restaurant I will stop at each and every time I'm in Atlantic Beach. It is an hour and a half away from where I live but I wouldn't hesitate to go there for a dinner date with my husband, a great restaurant with great service is well worth the drive. Lastly, the prices were fair, what a sight to see! Thank you Channel Marker for an enjoyable afternoon!

• Visited October 2013
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Loved it”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My sister and I ate here twice. Enjoyed it well the first time, and after noticing the sign advertising "$11 shrimp entrees on Wednesday", decided to go back on Wednesday. Enjoyed our diner very much both times. The first time we ate inside and the second time out on the deck. The service on the deck was a bit slow (It may have just seemed to be since we were so hungry), but other than that, we pretty much enjoyed everything. The food was very good. Especially enjoyed the Cajun Creamy Shrimp. We even ordered an extra serving to take home. Staff were very friendly and pleasant.

• Visited September 2013
“Last night at the beach”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a great dining experience this evening. My husband ordered tv sword fish (catch of the day) I had the fried shrimp- his fish was amazing my shrimp (yes I'm picky about fried shrimp) was perfect. The batter on the fish was perfectly balanced it was not the typical heavy cornmeal laden oil saturated mess - it was light and the shrimp were the star. We sat in the bar area which was pleasant and our server the bartender was very sociable. Well worth the price and the view of the waterway was lovely. I definetly would recommend

• Visited September 2013