“YUMMY”

Channel Marker
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A staple in the community since 1981, The Channel Marker Restaurant is the largest restaurant on the island, also offering the largest outside seating in the area. Open daily for lunch, standing by our motto - "Don't take a lunch break. Take a mental break..." Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch right beside the water.Nightly drink specials from our bar staff and ever-changing chef features by our Executive Chef!!We offer limitless options for catering, either off or on premises! Our desserts are made in-house by our award-winning Pastry Chef, so make sure to leave room!Looking for a wedding or special event cake? Look no further! We are able to provide "just dessert", with competitive pricing, uncompromised flavors, and the "wow" factor. Contact us for more information!!We're giving you a whole new reason to come to the beach...
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a great place for both lunch and dinner. Everyone raved about the seafood and fish--which was very fresh. The filet was tender and juicy and the sweet potato fries are yummy. The ladies at the bar at dinner are courteous and helpful. The hostess wasn't friendly. The atrium room is the best spot to eat.

There are newer reviews for Channel Marker

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The first time I came here was to try Chef Mikes food. We came back this weekend, and it had really gone downhill, not to mention the service was slow and she kept making mistakes. I wont be returning unless the chef returns.

1  Thank wowsers12
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and family ate here on our long weekend to the Morehead City area. The restaurant is right on the water and we took advantage of some nice pictures. We were seated right away but our drinks were slow to arrive even though they had wait staff and guest assistants. We also had extra wine delivered instead of beer - which after taking the wine back to the bar, was brought back to us on the house. We had a party of six so we got appetizers - they were large portions and tasty; the clams and bang bang shrimp are recommended. Meals were large although some side items were al a carte and not all were the same price - but that wasn't a major issue. I had the stuffed flounder and baked potato, which was served without butter or sour cream even though I specified that I'd like it served that way - the issue was corrected fairly quickly. Our waitress was pleasant and polite but did miss some details like the extra wine and lack of butter and sour cream. Overall my wife and I will return for a good meal at a pretty good price.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Mahi mahi was great and loved their old bay seasoned fries. Ahi tuna wasn't cooked rare or medium rare as normal, but tasted good. Shrimp dishes were way too small for $20. I enjoyed the meal, but not for $100 spent on two adults and two kids for lunch.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

There is not one negative thing I can say about this restaurant. The staff, the atmosphere and the food... Everything was perfect!