“A very good fish place with great views and friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Channel Marker

Channel Marker
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A staple in the community since 1981, The Channel Marker Restaurant is the largest restaurant on the island, also offering the largest outside seating in the area. Open daily for lunch, standing by our motto - "Don't take a lunch break. Take a mental break..." Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch right beside the water.Nightly drink specials from our bar staff and ever-changing chef features by our Executive Chef!!We offer limitless options for catering, either off or on premises! Our desserts are made in-house by our award-winning Pastry Chef, so make sure to leave room!Looking for a wedding or special event cake? Look no further! We are able to provide "just dessert", with competitive pricing, uncompromised flavors, and the "wow" factor. Contact us for more information!!We're giving you a whole new reason to come to the beach...
Rootstown, Ohio, United States
“A very good fish place with great views and friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for our first meal on the island, based on good scores on Trip Advisor. Crab cakes were very good. Dessert selections outstanding. Great staff that has fun at work.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous food, with a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband, Russian exchange student and I had a fabulous meal here. I am gluten-free, and our exchange student is not a seafood fan, but we all left happy! I enjoyed the daily special - risotto with scallops, while my husband had the ahi tuna steak. He was a bit jealous of my dinner, but his tuna was cooked perfectly so he had no cause for complaint! The Russian ate pasta, and was happy with her choice. The creamer brûlée was luscious, but my husband was a tad disappointed in his chocolate cake; however, he is an accomplished baker and cakes never live up to his standards, nor his creations! My only quibble is that our waiter brought the check wayyyyy too soon, just after our desserts came. This seems to be more and more common, and it can put a damper on an otherwise stellar dining experience. I hope restaurants start doing some staff training around this!

1 Thank Cindy B
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Fine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was great, the service was top notch. One of my best dining experiences in Atlantic Beach. They have a good wine list, outdoor seating if you prefer that overlooking the inlet. I had shrimp and flounder and both were just about perfect.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wayne B
Amherst, Virginia
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been visiting this area two times a year for the last 9 years and this was the first time we tried this place. I do not know why. We fell in love! We knew the moment we sat down that we were in for a treat. The service was wonderful. I had Mahi-Mahi for the first time. If it gets any better than the way it was done here, I just don't know what I will do with myself! My husband had the fried flounder and just loved it. They both tasted so fresh and flavorful! The green beans were perfect. I wanted to lick the plate. Dessert? Oh my heavens...you must have dessert here! We had Paula Deans Tangerine cake. My eyes about rolled back into my head! Our little girl had Death by Chocolate and she didn't say a word the entire time she was eating it ( an unusual event to be certain!) The prices are quite reasonable for this area the food was just the yummiest ever! Oh! The atmostphere is so nice and comfortable. A seat by the window makes for the perfect view! We will be back again and again and again.......

2 Thank Marylou C
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“We enjoyed great food and fantastic view of the water.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you looking for excellent selection of food from fried or grill seafood to steak this is your place. We were here during off season so there was no waiting for a table but I'm sure that is not the case during beach season. Service staff was very attentive to our needs. Also the dessert selection was fantastic!!

• Visited April 2013