“Mixed review”

Watermark Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located in the Food Lion shopping center along the main drag. The fried shrimp were fresh and lightly crusted. The shrimp and grits was very heavy and did not taste good. Too much butter and sausage caused it to be greasy. I will be back only because the wait staff were very helpful and the shrimp was too good to turn away. Will return for that second try next year when I vacation again.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

we were told to go here by a local........ not a good idea, my boyfriends steak was great but everything else was awful,the french onoin soup had no onions,the green beans i wouldnt serve to my dog and to finish it off I ordered the "catch of the day" and it was a frozen tasteless nightmare. Afer complaing to the very nice waitress the manager did nothing!!! she sat on the couch and sent another waitress over!!!!!!

1  Thank nicole w
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don't worry about the crackers on the salads its all about the steak. The best aged steak I ever ate. I've had steak in Spain, Mexico, and every inbetween. Would eat here every week if I didn't Live in Ohio. I will come back everytime I , visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I cant believe this place calls itself a restaurant, especially one at the beach. When you think of dining at the beach you think of a great, comfortable, fun-loving kind of environment. That would not describe the Watermark. Although most of their staff were nice young girls, it was written all over their faces that they were not enjoying themselves, which makes it hard for customers to do so as well. And even as we were walking out, we caught a glimpse of one of the waitstaff being yelled at. It helped me understand the stress we felt while we were eating.
As for the food, it was nothing to complain about, except that the salad that came before the meal was a wimpy excuse for a salad.
But overall, if you don't feel comfortable in a restaurant, it doesn't matter how great the food is, you're not going to come back, just as i will not be returning to the Watermark in Atlantic Beach, NC

3  Thank vacationfreak258
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I went there for a birthday celebration. He had frequented the old Watermark and found that since they have moved on the other side of the Food Lion, it is quite different. From being ignored at the door, to the gold fish "croutons" on ice berg salad, to canned green beans.....about a #10 can seemed to be the portion....to 3 pencil thin asparagus on what tasted like a dry mix hollandaise, it was poor on all counts. What a disappointment. Save your money and go to the Bojangles in front of the strip mall. You will get better food and service.

3  Thank Pat S