“Has trouble with billing”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Elizabeth City, United States
“Has trouble with billing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

forgot occupancy tax, notifying via email it would be added to credit card. Rather than adding tax, billed for room again causing overpayment which I had to call and waste time straightening out after I noticed error on my bank statement.

1 Thank David O
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the issues with billing that you experienced and we assure you this is not something that happens regularly at our hotel. We hope this will not keep you from visiting us again and please feel free to let us know what we can do to make your next stay better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Kinston, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The newly remodeled Double Tree by Hilton is an exciting addition to the Atlantic Beach community. I like how they incorporate the beach decor, very classy. Staff was exceptional nice and accommodating. I always love the warm cookie upon arrival. I even had one another night as we arrived late from dinner. Meeting food was good, would recommend that the staff serve refills once seating instead of only clearing your dishes. I had to get up twice to refill tea glass and get some coffee with dessert. I ask staff for help and they obliged, but it would have been nicer had they performed the task without my getting up. I enjoyed the spa after a nice walk on the beach. Water temperature in the shower was inconsistent in our room, which we reported and they said they would work on it. Friendly staff throughout the establishment. I would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Jessica S
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your stay. we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel for the most past and we appreciate all of your feedback. We hope you'll be back soon!
Wilmington, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The staff is exceptional. Every member of the staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean. Service was great. Employees acted like they actually cared about the satisfaction of your experience. I was very impressed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We certainly hope you'll be back to visit during the beach season so you can experience everything we have to offer.
Efland, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was very pleased with my room, but it did require 3 repairs while I was there. (The cord kept falling out of the TV, the drapes were sized incorrectly for the room and wouldn't close completely, and [despite assurances from the staff the the clock couldn't be incorrect] the clock was about 45 minutes off.)

Hilton bought the hotel post-hurricane (and post-[so I heard]lousy repairs) from Sheraton, and you can see the revamping/repairs are still in progress. Except for Saturday night and Sunday morning's loud neighbors, my room was quiet and cozy, with a spectacular view. Weekends see a breakfast buffet, but weekdays you have to order from the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend the dining room for dinner, as the food is uninspired. (I watched the other 3 people in the restaurant declare their steaks inedible, while my chicken cordon bleu was merely meh.) I hear the restaurant across the street is fabulous, and certainly I found enough excellent restaurants elsewhere in the area, even in the off-season.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The beach is gorgeous, and there are both indoor and outdoor pools. If I hadn't bought a timeshare while I was there, I'd stay at the Doubletree again.

Room Tip: It never hurts to show your Hilton Honors card. They're free, and can get you unexpected perks...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CarolStrick
Thank for you staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought! We appreciate all of your suggestions and feedback and assure you that they will be used to better our hotel. Congratulations on your timeshare purchase :)
Yorktown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a lovely time!! The staff at this hotel is amazing, friendly, warm and welcoming! We loved the location! We ordered room service for breakfast, it arrived ON TIME, the server was extremely pleasant and the food was fantastic! We would definitely stay again and will recommend to our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Donna A
We're glad to hear that our hotel and staff were both accommodating during your recent stay. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit!
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed in an Ocean Side room but not an Ocean Front room and I have to say.. even though we were not Ocean Front we had a spectacular view! Beds were comfortable and the cookies were delish! Would DEF stay in this hotel again!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your ocean view room and we hope you'll come see us again and have a chance to see the ocean front view as well!
Atlantic Beach, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is consistently fantastic! Very clean, convenient and a terrific group of employees who really make a difference with their friendliness and knowledge about the area. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being so loyal to our hotel and please let us know what we can do to make your next stay even better!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!