StayForLong
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews indoor pool beach access off season fort macon one bedroom unit putt putt toilet paper in great shape view of the ocean nice property bed was very comfortable peppertree timeshare units condo tennis checkers
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2018

More than we expected. Rooms were clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Quick walk to get to the beach. Lots of activities on the property for our family to do including pools and putt putt. Such a nice experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The amenities make this place. The pools and hot tub are great and the rec center staff really go above and beyond to do fun things and provide activities (such as organizing a tour of Fort Macon and surprise free snow cones one afternoon). I saw people patronizing the tennis courts and shuffle board every day. My toddler loved the little playground (plus we were in easy walking distance of the big town park).
However, our unit was dated and not adequately stocked. We do a lot of cooking on vacation and there was hardly any cooking utensils or pots and pans. Plus, we never seemed to get enough kitchen dish cloths.
I can’t imagine taking a bath in the jetted tub in the master. It was so gross that I was skeeved out just showering in it (I bathed my 3 yr old daily in the kitchen sink...)
Our unit lacked a washer-dryer which was somewhat inconvenient. There are multiple coin laundries in the complex, but just getting quarters is a chore (it was $2 a load to both wash and dry. I just airdryed all laundry on the balcony).
Also, one day our “neighbors” called in a noise complaint on us. We hadn’t been making any noise (in fact, had only returned from the beach about 10 mins previously). Instead of calling to tell us that, perhaps the front desk could have done a walk around to determine where the noise was actually coming from? I was insulted.
[Final note: in case you were wondering, those round units I saw in a lot of photos have actually been demolished.]

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Furniture in living room was old , ripped & dirty. Silverware & dishes were dirty . I had to rewash, Big tub had a big black ring in it. I didn't stay my whole week because I was not comfortable in this dirty place

Room tip: New furniture & clean up
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Don't let the photos fool you, the rooms look NOTHING like the picture. Ours was tiny, had stains and terrible smell on the couch, dead roaches in the kitchen and we were placed in a room right next to the A/C units for the entire building....they were loud and interrupted sleep during the night (they are next to the bedroom). I wouldn't recommend this location because even though it has a pool, it's not a clean place. The check-in office is MUCH cleaner and smells better. Our room smelled like smoke and just was overall disappointed. The TV hardly worked also.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Great place to stay. The beach is only a 4 minute walk through the resort. The resort itself has many amenities and very clean. I did see in a previous review someone was upset about the tennis courts not having any nets, but they are redoing the courts. While we were staying there they were repainting so they are probably already up and running!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PeppertreeABManager, General Manager at Atlantic Beach Resort, A Ramada by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!!!