All reviews indoor pool off season tennis courts beach access bedroom unit hot tub water aerobics master bath fort macon washer and dryer full kitchen pots and pans minute walk to the beach activity center timeshare exchange ocean view family vacation
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We booked this as a timeshare exchange. Our unit accommodated our needs but was a bit small even for two people. Everything was a bit dated and frankly I noticed each time I entered smelled a bit musty. I know this is common with beach resorts, but it is still less than ideal. Unfortunately we also had fairly noisy upstairs neighbors.

Room Tip: We were in 16C1 which had a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
PeppertreeABManager, Manager at Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Chuck T, thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, even with the couple issues you ran into. We do try to keep things updated and refreshed so I really hope you give us another chance the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed November 5, 2017

I was nervous to begin with on staying here due to some of the reviews, booked through interval in an exchange, I should have had a clue when we were checking in and I asked the girl if the rooms were nice, she said it depends on what I think is nice. Well, we brought guests with us and I was so upset when we got into the suite. Very old and dated, stained rugs, and furniture felt dirty. Beds were freshly made up, a plus. My company had stained rugs in their room, mold on the shower door, disgusting. I took pictures of everything and as soon as I can post them I will. Our shower had the ceiling in the shower peeling off, worn out tub, very very loud fan. Elevator far from our unit, we were on the second floor, carried everything up. The tubs were very scary, dangerous for older people to step up into the shower. No view but that wasn't an issue. The grounds are lovely. Living room furniture was not comfortable at all and tv was very small. Then to top it off at 8 in the morning they started banging and hammering outside our room, construction! So much for sleeping in on vacation! My husband complained that if they knew construction was going on why put guests there...we went out our front door and there was plaster all over the floor, and men working. Have lots of pictures and will get them posted. I would not reccomend this place to anyone, I'm sure once they finish with the repairs outside and they actually do something INSIDE it may be ok, but I would not stay here again and would not reccomend it to anyone. They should be ashamed to even rent out these units, not very relaxing and certainly moldy and not that at home feeling. We have stayed in many other places and this was such a let down, I feel like our vacation was a waste because it was not at all restful or relaxing. I hate giving reviews that are not good but I should have paid more attention to the others who were there previously, I figured it was ok if others were happy. None of us enjoyed it. And I intend to talk to the people at Interval, we pay for that service and this was unacceptable

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug325
PeppertreeABManager, Manager at Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

We are sorry that you had an interruption during your stay with us. Work is something we try to not have to do during peoples vacation and try at all cost to do it when it will have the least interruption to people. The construction crew did move very fast to finish the job within a day with very little mess left behind. We are sorry you didn't like the interior of the units we try hard to keep everything up to date and do refurbishment every few years to keep things looking fresh. We hope that you reported issues to housekeeping and maintenance so we could have corrected these issues during your stay. We strive to give every guest the best vacation possible and we are sorry you didn't experience that. We are contentiously making improvements to better the resort and hope that you will revisit us in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

This is an older timeshare, but the advantage is that many of the rooms are nicer sizes than the newer units out there now. Atlantic Beach III units are better sizes than Atlantic Beach II, so make sure you verify room assignments. It's clean, kept up well, and close to the beach. Staff is very helpful. It's a great place to have a relaxing beach week, particularly offseason. You do have a little walk across the street to actually get to the beach which might be off-putting to some. We use a beach cart to drag our stuff over so not a problem. We'll be back.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny C
PeppertreeABManager, Manager at Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Penny C,

Thank you so much for giving us such a good review. We do understand that the little service street can be a turn off for some guests, which is why we keep our beach access clean and easily accessible. It is awesome to see that you had a great time, overall, and we really hope you come back and visit us the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice to go for a few days but I wouldn’t wanna stay a week there. We requested a room on the ocean side and they were very accommodating. This is a very large resort and some rooms are in a wooded area just like the hot tub. It also had very minimal security which I wish was a little better. If you choose to use the elevators there was only one small one in our building. The furniture was very outdated and could use a facelift. Overall for the location and the price I would recommend it especially going during the off season like we did. I would however request the buildings closest to the ocean if your going for the beach if not you could end up in the woods by the entrance and the road. Also the name of this place is different on other booking sites which maybe confusing to some people.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank donnarae98

donnarae98,
I love seeing that you enjoyed your stay! We do realize that some of our buildings do not have a beach view and we try our best to accommodate guests when able. We do have refurbishments planned in the near future, so I really hope you give us another chance! Calling us here at the resort to see what is available is also a really good thing to do to try and get the best spot available!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We went to the Emerald Isle Beach Music Festival yesterday and decided to purchase a 2 day travel zoo special for 2 days for $149 at this resort. I will say it is very quiet and the beach is amazing here with crystal clear water! Comfortable beds, plush towels, clean rooms a full kitchen with everything included and a very nice sitting area and outside dining area. We love it here.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
PeppertreeABManager, Manager at Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Kimmie R,

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay! We're happy that the weather was nice and that you got to enjoy the beach! I really hope you consider us the next time you're in the area