“A Hidden Gem in Atlantic Beach !”
Review of Hollowell's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hollowell's Motel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our first vacation to Atlantic Beach (July 20th - July 26th) and I must say we found the perfect place to stay !

We did a little research of the area before selecting Atlantic Beach and found 2 places, the first being the Caribbe Inn, we called and they did not have any rooms available that had a kitchen, we then called Hollowell's and they did have a really nice spacious room available and the cost was very affordable as compared to renting a beach home, we spoke to Mike and a young lady and they were so very friendly and accommodating and answered all of our questions to say the least. We booked the room and made the drive South from Pennsylvania.

As soon as you come across the bridge this hotel is located a little off to the left and very easy to get in and out of the place, I would say it is located in a perfect spot. We pulled in and went inside and was greeted by Mike, what a great young guy who takes pride in the work he does managing this motel, he got us checked in very quick and easily, we got our assigned parking space and unloaded the truck, the room we had was on the 2nd floor and was perfect. Granted it's not a modern motel/hotel but it was extrememly clean and well presented and taken care of. It had everything we wanted or needed during our stay.

We quickly got unloaded and walked out of the back of the property and the beach is only a few minutes away, out the back and to the left and 2 blocks from the ocean, perfect location. We enjoyed the pool and it was well maintained every morning and was refreshing from the heat of the day.

We did stop in the office several times during our stay to ask some questions and always Mike was eager to help us out, the grounds are well mainatined as well.

We had our room freshened up every morning and those ladies are great and friendly. They do an amazing job on keeping the rooms basically spotless, kudos to a wonderful staff you have !

My better half even made some killer stromboli one night and we took some down to the office to share ......

Honestly, we had a really nice stay here and could not have asked for a better place, Mike and his staff earned our business and we do look forward to heading back down next year and we will stay here !

If you have a family this would be a really nice place to stay, it's affordable, very well mantained, has a really nice swimming pool and the beach is 2 blocks away and very safe to walk to, meaning no traffic, there are a few places within walking distance to eat at and also a surf shop across the street, we love the place ......

You do not find many older style family owned Motels/Hotels across the US anymore, this is why we called it a Hidden Gem .....

Enjoy your stay here !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bill W

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for about 8 days and 7 nights. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and we had no problems getting clean linens for the next day. Considering this motel is right at the AB Circle, it was very quiet at night. We didnt have to go any where to see the fireworks. We went to the back by the pool and grilled out. It was awesome and one of the best fireworks displays I have ever seen. Sad to say but we had a death in the family and had to come back for one night. We talked with Mike and he assured us that everything would be just fine, and that he was sorry for our loss. Mike is a very kind person and good kind people is where I like to spend my time. I just cant get over how nice everyone was there. Didnt matter what time of the day or night it was, if you needed it they got it for you, if at all possible. Looking forward to our vacation next year with Hollowell's!

Room Tip: We had the very first room as you turn in the drive. Each room has their own parking space. I really...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for a really spur of the moment trip to the beach for a weekend. It is a older hotel but i was surprised at how clean the hotel was. The staff was also very welcoming and truly acted as though they were grateful we were there. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jason D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from our five night stay at Hollowell's Motel and it was a great stay. I was so amazed at how clean and neat they kept the room, if you needed anything at all they were right on it and didnt take there time to get around to it. The price and location was great and we couldn't have asked for better. The only down fall was that our room was small but I was told that going in to it but thats my fault because I waited until the last minute to get a room on the week of the 4th and it was the only room left. We didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep so that wasn't a problem. The pool was great, rooms were very clean and well kept up,great location, very friendly staff, and we will for sure stay there again. Thank you so much everyone at Hollowell's!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jaclyn C
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent another week at Atlantic Beach like we do every year, but this week was more special. My husband and I got married while down there and again Hollowell's made it even better. Mike makes you feel like family. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and close to everything you would want to see. This hotel has a pool which is a plus for me, so even if I don't want to sit at the beach I can still catch the sun by the water. I have never seen anyone that works there without a smile on their face. They are all very friendly and make coming to the beach even more relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TrishandTom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

we just returned from a week stay at hollowells motel. I wish other hotels were half as good as this one. very clean rooms, very nice people.absolutley no complaints. thanks mike for a nice family motel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sally t
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hollowell in August and I'm just getting around to writing this review, sorry about that. We checked in late coming from a wedding and I called Mike ahead of time and it was totally cool. He told me where to park (assigned spaces) and just left the key in our room. I found him at my leisure the next day to pay-he didn't try to hunt us down. The motel is dated, it's obvious when you pull in, but to me that adds to the charm! It's a throwback. You don't see rooms this clean at these prices this close to the beach. It only took us minutes to walk from the motel and we were in the waves. Rooms have everything you need and nothing you don't. The staff here is great and we'll visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Hollowell's Motel? Share your experiences!