“Stay On The Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Quispamsis, Canada
“Stay On The Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

On our return from the Masters, we decided to stop in Atlantic Beach to look at this beach town.
It is a beautiful area, lot's of nice restaurants, and the beach is very nice.
The Hotel is nicely situated, and the room suite is cozy. The bed was comfy, and the room was nice and clean.
There are no elevators in this older hotel, so if you get a 2nd story suite, it is a pain to bring up large suitcases.
Lot's of parking available.
No breakfast at this hotel, and if you leave before 8am, the hotel front desk is not open yet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LV2TOUR

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nauheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We did intend to stay for 1 night on our trip along the coast.
Found by surprise this private owned house with individually equipped suites used as hotel.
Service by the Manager Michael, and his Staff (reception desk, plus cleaning) is perfect and was extraordinary.
The view over pure nature, a watersound and little harbour edges enforced us to stay for additional 4 days.
The house is just a little off the road, but its silence is a major factor.
johann and hannelore

Room Tip: Each room is different equipped and decorated. You cannot compare one room with another. Seaside w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Second time I've been to this hotel and I love it. Both times, the rooms were very clean and set up very nicely. Perfect place for my fiance and I to get away. A short walk from the beach. The pool is a little small, but clean. The front desk provides you with pool towels if needed. The staff was very friendly. We loved it so much we decided to stay an extra day. A lot of information/brochures are available in the lobby for activities and restaurants in the area. I'm already planning my next visit. This is great place for couples and families to get away. Very peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We planned on staying three days but ended up doing only one night. The staff are very unorganized and were very short with my husband and i. We asked if we could have a late check out and the guy at the desk looked and spoke to us like we were some wild college kids or something and said I would have to call in the morning to get it approved with "the guy who will be here in the morning". The whole point was for us to sleep in but apparently that doesn't matter-and apparently there's a huge lack of communication within this hotel because we went to check out and they still had us down for three days and had no idea we wanted to check out late. Upon entering the room I did a quick sweep through and there was an opened beer can by the side of the bed. If you were a smoker be prepared to go outside in the front of the building across the parking lot to smoke!! I felt like I was going to be mugged or something..bad experience to go through in the middle of the night! I heard nothing but good things about this place but I will never come back.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic Beach hotels

Durham, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a last minute weekend getaway to the Crystal Coast that we took on a whim. While the staff was friendly and it had a pretty view of the sound AND my husband would gladly stay there again, I would not. My main complaints: First, it didn't feel very clean. It had a nice smell (unlike some cheap hotels we stayed in in our college days) but the carpet was sticky feeling to my feet and some crevices in the bathroom looked like they had been missed more than once during cleanings. The decorative accents, like throw pillows and rugs (which I don't even think are necessary) were really worn, which just reminds you of how many people have been through there and doesn't really allow you to feel like you are there on a secluded romantic getaway. The other big drawback: noise. I could hear the man in the room beside us talking very clearly and could even hear him snoring that night. It made me feel like we had to whisper. 20 year old, college me would have loved this place because of its value, but 24 year old, married me was too worried about picking up a disease/hearing something I didn't want to hear to truly enjoy it.

Room Tip: Sound side rooms have a pretty view. Street side rooms look at the liquor store.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cameron S
Pikeville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My best friend and I are about as apple pie as it gets and wanted a quiet couple of days away from home for Spring Break. This place looked perfect and we were planning to pay for two or three nights and just spend our time on the beach or exploring the little town. All of our friends are going to have a wild time somewhere down South and that's just not our style so we wanted to stay here. However when we called to make our reservation we were told you must be 25 to reserve a room. When I told the man "Michael" that we weren't 25 he said "Uh, yeah we don't do the whole Spring Break thing". =( We were really excited to come and stay here because our budget is tight and the prices were perfect but I guess we'll have to look elsewhere. Oh well - just a heads up to anyone else that has been given a bad reputation by other Spring Breakers and aren't 25. They don't tell you that on their website or anywhere on here.

Room Tip: You have to be TWENTY FIVE to get a room.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A group of six friends stayed at the Palm Suites for a weekend get-together. We brought our boats so were excited about the bonus of the free boat ramp and slips. However, the ramp is very narrow and the slips have no ropes or pulleys for docking and it is not floating docks. I understand it was free with rental, but it was very difficult to secure our boats.

The front desk staff was very helpful and the property was well kept. Our rooms were clean and neat. However, as other reviews on here state-room 104 is lacking. There is only a 19 inch (if that big) TV and stains from front to back on the carpets. Also this room is right by the parking lot and pool so is probably loud in the summer. The other two rooms were definitely nicer. I would recommend a room on the end of the building away from the pool.

All in all, it was a great time and the rooms are very well equipped, but keep in mind they are privately owned, so ask questions about the specific room you are assigned to make sure it will have everything you expect.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104 if you want to see the television.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 202 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
4.5 of 5 stars 462 reviews

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!