“I don't understand the bad reviews”

Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Greenville, North Carolina
“I don't understand the bad reviews”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and found the property to be in great shape. The condo we had had new furniture and was very clean. For a beach hotel this can't be beat. We are going back next weekend to meet with a realtor to buy one of the units for sale.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MICHAEL F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Want to start out by saying this, I'm not giving the Palm Suites "5 stars" because I believe it's a 5 star hotel, just to be clear. I'm giving it highest marks simply based on my stay. Have I stayed in nicer hotels? Yes, much nicer. Have I stayed in worse hotels? Yes. We were in town for one day and wanted a place to stay. It was a very busy weekend and knew this would be difficult and most places required a 2 night min. We lucked up with the Palm Suites. They had several rooms available and at a very reasonable rate for peak season. This room had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Very roomy room with plenty of space for my family of four. Very clean, nicely decorated. Bathroom, clean. Floor, clean. Smell, clean. Beds, clean and comfortable. One a bit squeaky, didn't matter. Separate sitting area that gave more room for my kids to eat and play. Not cramped at all. Fridge that was plenty big and worked great. Microwave and sink in the room with cabinets, like a small "kitchen" type area. Wifi worked fine. Pool was great. Had a nice walkway to a pier out on the sound. Very conveniently located in a good area. Walked to the beach in less than 10 min (about 3 block walk across the street). Very close to restaurants, Morehead City, Beaufort, etc... I read a review that slammed the staff. I just want to say, the guy at the front desk was awesome. Now I wish I had gotten his name. From restaurant recommendations to extra towels this guy was more than courteous and helpful. Painless check-in/check-out. Parking, no problem. Oh, and slept great, didn't hear any of my neighbors on left or right. And they do single night stays...thanks!! Would I stay hear again? Yes. It's not ocean front, but it's clean and affordable.

Want to throw this in there. This is a "Condotel". Each room is individually owned so I guess it could be a dice roll in what kind of room you get. Not sure if we got lucky or not, but we were very happy. I would never stay in a dump with my wife and two kids. Believe me, my wife is a clean freak and germiphobe. I believe this place deserves more credit than their TripAdvisor ranking. So if you have stayed here and had a favorable stay, please show them some love. Thanks Palm Suites for a good nights stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 143.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jlfharv
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Highly recommended. Friendly staff, great service. Enjoyed our visit to Atlantic Beach. Alrealy made future reservations at Palm Suites

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank David W
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed during Memorial Day weekend. Very courteous service and friendly staff. Nicely located. Will return for sure

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank 14hk
Warrenton, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Me and my sister went to stay here and we had just come from packing up my stuff from school for summer break so we got there late around 12 am. We went there and got to the door and see that the front desk for check in closed at 10 pm and there was a number to call for assistance and someone would get back with us shortly. No one let us know that the desk closed early during off peak season. We called the number and reached an answering service, we waited 30 mins and didn't receive a call back so we left to go find another hotel. The next morning at 10 am we still hadn't received a call back and this is the same number people are supposed to use if their locked out. So we drive over there and my sister asks to speak to a manager about a refund and the rude employee at the desk immediately knew who my sister was and just said oh your refund has been processed it should be in your account in 3-5 business days. Unbelievable how could you not even give a call back at all. I wonder if people who are locked out and have kids with them get treated the same way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank londa91

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic Beach hotels

Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recently booked a room here at Palm Suites of AB and it was horrible. According to the pictures on the website the rooms look great but, this is totally misleading. The rooms are dirty and out of date. The couch in our room had stains everywhere, dust covered the tvs,the bathroom was disgusting. None the less, I left after 45 minutes of walking in this room. Do not waste your money, spend an extra 30 dollars and stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lindi J
Elkin, North Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2012

If you looking for a cheap place to stay...then here ya go....but you get what you pay for in this case. Don’t expect the customer service to be good at all. It's almost like you bother them to be there. The rooms are super cute...but could be cleaned a little better. We were there in the off-season January so I expected things to be quiet, but they did not even have any overnight staff and the building is not secure. We locked ourselves out of the room one of the evenings we stayed and had to call an after hours service number...no one answered so I left a message with my cell number, when the gentleman called I could tell he was irritated...when he arrived 30 min later he had a very bad attitude...my friend with me thanked him and the gentleman rolled his eyes...I very politely informed him that he did not need to have an attitude that I was sorry we locked ourselves out, but that this is his job as the after hours person and we should not get an attitude from him. Having three rooms for our group, the value was worth it, as we were only in the rooms at night to sleep and shower. However I may think twice before putting our group here next time.

Room Tip: You will want a Sound Side room and be sure to look at floor plans to see what type of beds are in t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WillandDonNC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!