“A dice roll....”

Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you don't mind staying in a place that may not be cleaned well and/or accessorized with modern amenities, then this place is great for the money. I stay with my son for one night (prior to an early rise for a fishing trip). Thank God his mother wasn't with us! I requested the BEST available. I cannot honestly tell you if it was the best or the one they cared to rent the most.... Bottom line- every unit is different. You may stay in a really nice owner's unit and think I'm crazy. You may have young kids filled with sand and think its fine. But if you like to stay in a place that you know is clean and kept current, you are "rolling the dice". This place would be better if we could preview each suite on line before renting. I'm a hotel snob- never again... unless I'm fishing with my son, nothing else is available, and mom is not with us!

Room Tip: I wish I knew a good tip to choose a new room but I'm afraid its a dice roll....
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We walked in around 1 am trying to find a nice place to stay. As we walked in, a young couple was standing at the front desk with the guy behind the counter cursing and yelling at them. They informed us that they had found bed bugs in their room and the hotel staff was acting in this manner. We have stayed here once before and its a nice place but I and anyone I talk to will not be going back due to the staff treating customers like they did and bed bugs!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Priscilla E
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed in unit 212 on the side facing the pool and sound. Quiet in the hallways and around the pool area since it was a Thursday evening. Unit was nicely decorated and had a good view. Ample parking and great access to the sound if you wanted to launch a small boat or kayak. Unit had a few issues and needed the bathroom updated and repaired (unattached/broken sink knob, toilet continually ran water, 3 live ants in shower, no bath mat to use on floor). Kitchenette needed light over sink/fridge/microwave area, carpet had at least 3 visiable soiled spots, no source of light in entryway/foyer. There are 4 lamps in the unit due to lack of overhead lighting (only 1 small track light). Bring your own bed pillows unless you like extremely flat ones. Patio door curtian and bedspread appeared clean, bright and tropical looking. No unpleasant smell and nice to have access to hair dryer/ironing board/storage safe and coffee pot. You will need to ask front desk for coffee supplies if you want any. Kind of disturbing to find out most of the facility including the pool is built into the marsh and has standing water under and around them....

Room Tip: Prices drop August 15th
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WolfpackFan4ever
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The room looked just like the pictures that I saw online. I read the reviews before going and realized that we had a 50/50 chance. We requested a disabled-accessible room and were well-accommodated. My husband, four children and I fit in the room comfortably. The two queen beds and twin sleeper sofa were just right for us. The kitchenette (sink, mini-fridge, and microwave) allowed us to eat sandwiches and hot-pockets to save money! We loved the pool which we basically had to ourselves. The children also enjoyed going out by the boats - it was very relaxing.

The short trip to the beach (we could have walked) was a plus and it only costs $10 to park all day. Parking after 1:00 PM is only $5 and is free for disabled persons.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank chigirl65
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed in room 146, sound side. I was okay with paying an extra 20 bucks to be facing the water. I was excited to open then door and see an nice room. The bed was two steps down next to the sliding glass door. I open the curtain to see the sound, only what I say was marsh land. I could barly see water!! I was alittle bit peeved, but I was ok. I went into the bathroom and saw about twenty gnats flying around the tub, and a dead roach. The bathtub had its mat glued to the tub to cover a crack.(maybe thats where the gnats came from) Then I started getting bit by fleas!!! After they fed, I only had a few more bites. The cabinets are hung way to high for me. I had to use a knife to knock the glasses over so they could fall into my hands. I am 5 foot 1.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank btmonty2
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We checked in for two nights. The first night we were in room135 on the street side. I was so excited about this hotel after seeing pictures online. Well room 135 is not anything like the photos online to.say the least. That night we went to the front and asked for a better room. We were told after complaini.g about the difference in photos and the room that it really is "false advertising". He was very nice though and spent a lot of time giving me a list of the best rooms. He told me to check back in the morni.g to see if anything opened up which we did. We were moved to room 128 which is the largest room. It was wonderful.and we enjoyed the rest of the stay. The staff is very nice and the dock area and pool were also nice. It was worth the money. I would caution though that all of the rooms are very different and some are much better than others.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank wolfpackfan44
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed on week after 4th of July. Small pool but we had it to ourselves, most guest were going out on boats and not hanging around the hotel. Short block to beach, shopping and just up the road from Fort Macon. Excellent service, nice room and price was great. Pier out back was great and kids enjoyed fishing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank slamclicker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!