“Spicy salsa & chile relleno”
Review of El Zarape

El Zarape
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We always hit a Mexican restaurant when we visit any beach. This one was good. The salsa had a nice kick to it, and the chile relleno was authentic (i.e. spicy). I also had a taco that was just OK, but the rest of the food was more than enough anyway. We'd definitely return- it was a nice, clean establishment, fair prices.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The tortilla chips came out warm and fresh. The food was plentiful and the service was wonderful. If you are looking for a Mexican restaurant I would recommend this place every time! Family atmosphere.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I are big fans of Mexican cuisine and stopped in to try the fare at this restaurant. Red flags immediately went up when we could tell that there was a substantial language barrier with the staff. The lady working the front asked us for our drink order. We asked if we could get a small pitcher of frozen margaritas, which after a bit of charades on our part seemed to get the message across. After a lengthy wait, our waiter came and asked us for our drink order again. Again after a bit of charades and several attempts, he understood what we wanted and again said it was possible. He later returned with a large pitcher telling us a small was impossible. After all this, we said ok we'll take it. No prices were shown for the pitcher of margaritas and we were appalled to find it was $23.95! I've been to other Mexican restaurants all around the state of NC where the price is not over $14.00 for a large one, and most offer a smaller or "half pitcher". Meanwhile, we had ordered the seafood fajitas which looked good on the menu, but when it arrived, it had no guacamole or sour cream to moisten an otherwise dry concoction of seafood, and instead of grilled peppers and onions which one would expect with a fajita, it came with partially cooked cauliflower. Cauliflower? Who puts that on a fajita? Needless to say, we came away very disappointed and not satisfied with the meal or the prices. The only saving grace was the margaritas were at least make right. We will NOT stop here again, and cannot recommend this restaurant at all.

1  Thank triadtaster
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Waited an hour and a half for a pickup order. I had hair in my food. I did not eat any of it and they would not return my money or

1  Thank parasai
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had the veggie fajitas and they were excellent - added fresh spinach, which was a plus. Guacamole and salsa were average.