“A good little barbeque "dive"...”
Review of Blue Mist Barbecue Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Mist Barbecue Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Burlington, NC
“A good little barbeque "dive"...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always try to find local iconic diners when visiting cities. 11/3/12 found my wife & I shopping for pottery in the Seagrove, NC area - and we decided to hit up lunch in Asheboro. That meant hunting down the well-known pork barbeque establishment, Blue Mist.

The place is not much to look at, a typical Southern BBQ dive... but we knew that going in.

For $8 a plate, we got chopped Q, hushpuppies, baked beans, cole slaw, & fries. That was a LOAD of food (served on 2 plates EACH). I've had better Q, but Blue Mist's was still very good. It was lean and a good sized serving. The taste was a little bland, but there was a bottle of BBQ sauce on the table for additional seasoning. The waitress was efficient - and checked on us often. Overall, we enjoyed our visit.

• Visited November 2012

Asheboro, North Carolina
“has gone downhill”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten at Blue Mist numerous times in the last 5 years and I can tell you that the food has gone from excellent to absolutely terrible. The last time I ate there was the last straw. Food was terrible, bbq was SOUR and I got sick that night.

• Visited July 2012
North Miami, Florida
“TASTELESS SLICED BBQ”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Being from out of town, I have only eaten here 2 times. Once for lunch ( BBQ sandwich) which I thought was terrible (had no flavor) and now for dinner with friends. The menu says the BBQ is cooked on an open pit fired with wood and is cooked for many hours. They have been in business for a long time so they must have something going for them. The menu is good and varied. The service was good as were the prices and quantity of food served. My friends are locals and were happy with what they ordered but none ordered BBQ. My BBQ was totally tasteless. It was like it had been boiled. We later figured out it must have spent those MANY hours cooking over wood WRAPPED IN FOIL. Why waste wood cooking meat wrapped so it cannot absorb the flavor from the wood. Last time there for me.

• Visited June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“An old NC BBQ joint”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

According to the article on the wall they've been at this site on US 64 since 1948. The inside looks like an old diner with a row of booths along the glass wall.

We stopped by on our way home from a long road trip through seven states. Our waitress was very friendly and funny. Their pork ribs were excellent, smoky with just the right amount of sauce. I also tasted my wife's chopped BBQ plate, and it was delicious. Their Southern sweet tea was the perfect drink for the meal. This was our first visit, but as they are only about 65 miles from home, I can see a return visit soon.

• Visited May 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Homemade”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Love home cooking. Great biscuits and homemade gravy.

Visited April 2012