“What's all the hype?”

Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Asheboro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
“What's all the hype?”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I ate here on Wednesday evening. They were not as busy as usual, so we decided to give it a try after hearing from several people that Time Square was really great. Maybe it was the day, or new staff, or some other malfunction, but our pizza was far from impressive.

The pizzas that can be ordered by the slice at the counter looked like they had been there for hours...cold and congealed, with dried out toppings, so we decided to order a whole pizza. We ordered ham and pineapple, what could go wrong?

It was brought to our table piping hot, which was great. I notice right a way that the crust had a really nice texture, but then followed with absolutely no flavor, not even a cardboard-like flavor. The cheese and ham were sparse, but the pineapple was plentiful, if you like entire rings of canned pineapple on your pizza, this is the place for you. Canned pineapple is fine, but this pineapple had no flavor and was almost white in color, as if canned way before ripe.
We really had high hopes for Time Square pizza, perhaps our expectations were too high.

On the bright side, the staff was friendly and their sanitation grade was a 96.

Maybe their other food is better, if we return I will try one of their other Italian dishes.

3 Thank Starcraft15RB

“Best food ever!!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

They have the best food and service!!!! I love that they have stuff u can pick from!!!! And they always make u feel welcome everytime u walk in!!!!! Love this place!!!!!

Henderson, North Carolina
“Food was great”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

In town overnight on business stopped to get take out. Staff were very nice in helping me choose something for one person. Even gave me a discounted price on the stromboli I ended up ordering. It was great will go here again when I'm in Asheboro.

Asheboro, North Carolina
“mangia, mangia<<<<<< eat, eat”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

All we can say is if you want True New York pizza........in north Carolina, this is the place! Makes fresh pizza, pasta and Italian desserts. And if you are from NY or NJ then you know how awesome connolis and zepails are....Great place for family dinners or if you just want a slice to go.....And you feel like family when you leave.........a Italian tradition.

“super place to eat!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Asheboro has no idea what they have done to this town! I will tell you ever since you let Time Square pizzeria come into this town it has been worth traveling to, eating at, n asheboro has finally brought in the best tasting, great atmosphere, n to top it all off friendly worth going place there is to be.To me there should not be any other pizzeria places around here. Their food , n people are out of this world delicious n friendly. Way to go Asheboro for welcoming Time Square pizzeria. I love it.!!!!!