“Good fresh flounder and shrimp”
Review of Dixie III

Dixie III
Ranked #36 of 107 Restaurants in Asheboro
Cuisines: American
“Good fresh flounder and shrimp”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Fresh fried seafood as good as any I've ever had. Delicious homemade cocktail and tartar sauces. Fresh salads with some spinach added in. Try the fried okra and don't miss the dinner rolls!

• Visited September 2013

North Carolina
“We picked the right place”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were heading home from a road trip and looking for a place to eat. I googled resturants in Asheboro and we picked Dixie lll. There were 4 of us of verying ages and we all left happy. The fried squash was home made and wonderful, hushpuppies delish. Waitress was great, very helpful and friendly and didn't mind answering all our questions. We would all go back again. Closed on weekends. I saw a post that said "cash only" that I'm not sure about.

• Visited September 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Great Home cookin'!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

For a good ol' home cookin' restaurant, you aren't going to find one any better than Dixie III. Testament to that is it being full on a rainy Wednesday evening when I visited.

For $7.50 plus tip, I had a meat, 3 veggies, basket of hushpuppies and a drink. I was absolutely stuffed and it was all good.

If you like this kind of food, make the stop. It's easy to find as it is located on US 64 in town. Come hungry!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bulldog82
“Small town charm”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This is by far one of the better restaurants in asheboro. Good is good and price is reasonable. This is a weekly eat for our family.

• Visited May 2013
Virginia
“Down home cookin'”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visiting Asheboro for the second year, we ventured down the road a bit and found the Dixie III and were so glad we stopped. Our waitress was great, like an old family friend and got us on the path to their extensive "specials" menu with entrée, 3 veggies, beverage and bread of your choice included. The food was outstanding - you could tell by the quiet at the table as we dug in - My companions overloaded on the seafood platter and boiled shrimp dinners while I reveled in my personal favorite, scallops - that were plump and flavorful. Thank you Dixie III for a delightful meal. Our only disappointment was to find it closed on Saturday evening when we returned. Oh, well - there's always next year!

• Visited May 2013