“over priced course and food!”

Tot Hill Farm Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently Rated 4.5 Stars 2008-2009 & Ranked the 7th Hardest Course in America by Golf Digest. Are you ready to experience the most breath-taking, awe-inspiring golf you've ever played? Mike Strantz, the designer of such greats as Tobacco Road, Caledonia, True Blue, Royal New Kent and Stonehouse, added yet another masterpiece to his collection with the creation of Tot Hill. Whether you live in the heart of North Carolina, traveling to the famed Pinehurst area for your next golf trip, or simply passing through to another southern golf destination, you will want to schedule a round at the 7th Toughest Course in America as rated by Golf Digest in 2007. It's a golf experience like no other.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“over priced course and food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The course seems to have gone downhill since I last played approx. 3 yrs ago. They need to clean up around the course. Compared to average courses I regularly play in Winston-Salem ,and even the more pricey courses, Tot Hill falls short on quality. If paying to much for an average course isn't enough, then go inside and order some food. WOW!!! $5.50 for a hot dog and a pack of crackers? Are you kidding me?
I will say that the staff was friendly and those maintaining the course were courteous and helpful.
I was very disappointed.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank k5ranger

Vass, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great day at the Farm”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Last month a group of us golfed the course. It was my first time but was prepared for the difficulty or uniqueness by my friends. Truly, course management is everything. Straight is the name of the game. I dropped a club regularly and had few problems. The views are awesome and agree that many of the Tees are elevated and the views are great. There are many hidden greens and if laying up is not your thing well you may get a lesson or two. The staff is great and very helpful and getting on for us was easy. Just over $50 a person and the course is in fantastic condition. I considered the course challenging and not what you see on many courses so know that going in and challenge your game and you will have a great day! Tot hill did not receive its difficulty rating for nothing. I will go back. Loved the day.

Visited October 2013
Reno, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An interesting, beautiful, difficult adventure!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting a friend in the area, and he always raved about Tot Hill. It is like nothing you have ever seen! Hills, ravines, boulders, hidden greens and great fall color. Choose your clubs carefully, because shot placement is everything. Good Luck!

Visited November 2013
Bonita, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved IT!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ok, we were in Greensbourgh for a meeting. Some of flew in a day early to play golf. I spent alot of time reading about courses in the area and calculating the distance. Tot Hill Farm was about a 35 minute drive from the hotel. I told the guys on the way it was rated seventh hardest course in US. Of course, they wanted to go somewhere else. What a fun and wonderful course to play. I could save atleast six shots if I played it again. The first view when you drive up is, WOW, let me out and hit the fairway. Pro shop small, nice and efficent. Driving range good. Course fantastic and many doglegs. Layout exciting, I would say this is a must play course if you are in the area. I hope to go back and play it again. 14 Handicap shot 92, lost 2 balls. Want to play again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Randy C
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful course, worth the drive”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorites that gets a little easier after playing it a few times. Quite a few blind shots but don't let that keep you from going. The place is beautiful. If you're going to the pinehurst area and want to play a unique and memorable course work this into your plan. It's worth a little drive out of your way.

Visited June 2013