“Fantastic family fun”

Richland Creek Canopy Tours
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Although I do not do heights, my experience at Richland Creek Canopy Tours was an absolute highlight of my life. I felt so secure in the harness that my fear of heights was not even a fleeting thought throughout that day. Going in the peak of the autumn leaf color would be something to consider when planning a trip.

3  Thank fansofrainforest

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A little on the pricey side but the experience is great. Our guide was a bit on the arrogant side and was quite impressed with himself, but overall it was a great ziplining experience.

2  Thank MikeandSue27204
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My sister, cousin and I made a reservation for a 3:00 tour. We drove over sn hpur to get there. We showed up 15 minutes like we were told to do. There was a large group there that had showed up with 20 more people than they were supposed to have. We kept being told 10 more minutes and we'll get to you. After this went on for 45 minutes, it was now 3:40 so we asked how long the tour last and was told 1:30 - 2 hours. We would not be in before dark. I told them how far we had driven and now we couldn't go. Nothing but a $5 discount was offered for our inconvenience. They acted lime they could care less. Terrible customer service!! Go to another zipline company!

12  Thank CCoyne224
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a Mom&Pop place with enthusiastic guides who are probably having just as much fun "working" as you are playing.

This is my second zipline experience, although this is my first which includes a series of lines through the woods. My teens (and wife) really enjoyed it and at about $40/person you will not be able to get a deal this good for ziplining in our area. The guides were funny and were real showmen ("show-offs").

One review mentioned the safety as an issue because you are not connected to a second line when they disconnect you from the first line on the platforms (i.e. you are on the platform and not connected for a very brief amount of time (less than one second)). I did not feel unsafe since the platforms are quite large and wide, and sturdy. The zipline experience I had previously had platforms which were "crazy small" that you really need two lines so you are always connected. That was not my feeling here at Richland. We were a group of 10 total, and they sent 4 guides total which also made me feel safe.

Tour was about 90 minutes (or so).

2  Thank NorthCarolina621
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I visited Asheboro NC the weekend of June 22, 2013. We were there to visit the zoo of course and also to find other attractions to visit while in town. Let me just say that the zip line was AWESOME!!!! The guides were so helpful and funny too, (they quoted funny movie lines to help relax people). I was actually recovering from an injured foot and was so impressed by how well they took care of me. My daughter was terrified at first and with their help, she was a pro and all smiles by the time we finished! The staff was very friendly and patient, especially considering the very hot weather and large groups of people. If you go to Asheboro NC, you DEFINITLY have to stop by and visit the canopy tour.