“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stumbled on this place by accident, but glad we did. we have been back several times. Have never had anything here that was not excellent and haven't even tried the pizza yet!
We have been known to make the 45 minute trip just for the BBQ nachos. Fantastic!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We go to Asheboro for antique shopping quite often (many large antique stores there) and I've always been drawn to the window displays for The Flying Pig. This trip we were still in Asheboro when they opened at 5pm so we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did. We chose the "create your own pizza" (they also have 7 signature pizzas) and started the meal with the queso dip. The pizza was very good but the dip was outstanding (if I had not been in public I would have licked the bowl). Now I can't wait to go back and try some of the other things. The bartender (I think he is the owner) was welcoming and very friendly and our server was great. If you are visiting the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro be sure to visit The Flying Pig for dinner. But get there as close to opening time as you can or you will be standing in a long line waiting to get in. It's a very popular place.

1  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Undoubtedly the best pizza and calzones in Asheboro bar none. My wife and I enjoy going there often and the only disappointment we have ever experienced was the line headed out the door of people who beat us there and are waiting for a seat. They have a great selection of COLD beer and a real fine salad selection. A great place to catch a game or just to hang out at the bar and have a drink.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The food isn't that great but the atmosphere is good for meeting with friends. The service is excellent. The location is in a central location.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My gf and I try to stop in every time we're in Asheboro. Typical prices for a Pizza place, great atmosphere, and the staff is always friendly to us. They created a special calzone that wasn't even on the menu just for us on our last visit (Thanks to Justin!) See ya next time we're in Asheboro.

1  Thank Nima N