“Room even smelled clean.”

Hampton Inn Asheboro
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Asheboro
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We checked in this Hampton Inn on Saturday, and right through the door you could tell the room was clean...it smelled so clean. When I went to bed, the comforter, which I usually always take off the bed and throw in the corner, smelled fleshed washed. I love everything being white. The bathroom was roomy enough, the room had plenty of room for all four of us. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were very nice, not flat and uncomfortable. The staff was so helpful with everything we needed. Didn't eat breakfast but saw a lot of people down there eating. I'm not a big breakfast person. Lol.. Really close to the zoo, and the mall and a lot of restaurants. I plan to stay here again on my next trip to the zoo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JSG76

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here going to and from Myrtle Beach this past week and have nothing but good things to say about this particular hotel. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating is due to the jacuzzi tub in our king non-smoking room...the jets are not strong at all. I have a bad back and was looking forward to relaxing in a jacuzzi after a long drive. Last week on our way down I thought perhaps it was just that particular jacuzzi tub in the room we were in that was "less than powerful" but after reserving another king room with a jacuzzi tub tonight, I discovered that all of the jacuzzi tubs are identical. But, the jacuzzi is my only complaint. Perhaps that is the reason they don't charge extra for a room with a jacuzzi tub. Other than that, the room is very nice. Typical king room with a sofa (perhaps a sleeper? I'm not sure), small fridge and microwave, desk and chair. The bathroom is nice and the jacuzzi tub is deep and roomy and there was plenty of hot water. The room is very clean and the bed is comfortable. Check-in was a breeze both times with very friendly clerks that took the time to explain about the free popcorn, cookies and coffee that was available in the lobby. There is an indoor pool, but we didn't use it either time. Across the side road from the hotel is a nice little restaurant called Rock-ola that seems to do a lively business on a Saturday night. We ate here last week and again tonight and the food was great. My husband got prime rib each time and it was wonderful...seasoned and cooked to perfection...very juicy and flavorful. I had the bacon cheeseburger first time and it was very juicy considering I ordered it well done. Tonight I had the reuben, which was also good. So, this little restaurant is a great choice if you are tired from being on the road and don't feel like getting back in the car and driving somewhere. It's an easy walk across the side street. But, there are plenty of other restaurants nearby, if you are interested in something else. Not sure why, but we got turned around trying to get from I-74 to the hotel both times. We somehow missed our exit each time. Needless to say, this is not the fault of Hampton Inn...just threw that tidbit in so you will be alert for the correct exit if you aren't familiar with this area! We will most definitely stay at this particular Hampton when traveling to the Myrtle Beach area in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I travel with my profession and for the last 7yrs I have stayed with the Hampton Inn in Asheboro, NC. Every year I arrive spending 2 months with my family away from family! The rooms are clean, bedding smells of home (Downy), upgraded bathrooms, and smiling faces greeting you every morning. When scheduling reservations I've always been greeted by a professional voice and expert service. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! You ease the stress of a traveling professional by leaps and bounds.

Room Tip: Excellent location for your visit to the NC State Zoo!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CLarson1935
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic clean rooms, nice indoor pool, great breakfast and nice touches like the yummy cookies and popcorn at check in. We have stayed in several hotels in asheboro on our way to myrtle beach, and we will stay here from now on. The others were no where near as clean and comfortable with nice updated room decor. Great experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Persnicketypatron
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here this summer for one night to break up the annual family trek to the outer banks. It's what you would expect from Hampton Inn, no surprises. The rooms were clean, nice beds with down comforters, flat panel TV's, granite counter tops in the bath room. The kids hit the indoor pool for several hours, it's well maintained and was not very crowed on a weekend night. There are several chain casual dining restraunts in the immediate area but it's a busy highway in front of the hotel, it would be difficult to walk but I suppose you could if you wanted. There are also the usual fast food places nearby. We like this location because we can get a day trip in at the North Carolina Zoo which only a few minutes away and then head to the beach the next day.

Room Tip: I asked the front desk if I could park my truck in the area just outside the lobby because we had a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn when we visited for the weekend, and it was a very pleasant experience.

The rooms were clean and spacious, breakfast was hot and delicious, and the Jacuzzi was very relaxing. The pool is small, but most indoor pools are.

The staff was great about leaving us alone in our room (nothing is more annoying than a cleaning crew that forces there way in when you're trying to relax).

The location of the hotel is wonderful because it's close to everything you could want to do in Asheboro.

Room Tip: - Ask for the whirlpool tub!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I don't usually give 5 stars, but this place was excellent! We booked two rooms and we stayed in the 1 br suite. It was the largest suite...so much space. The room was separated from the bathroom. My daughter had her own sleeping area in the living room on the sleeper sofa, and she had her own thermostat! We had our own too! I had it cold and she had hers off. I loved the fact that one room could be regulated so well. The bathroom was so big my daughter said you could make it a conference room. There was a jacuzzi in the bathroom. How nice...would've been nicer if we would've had the chance to use it. The breakfast area was nice and even had seating outdoors. The food was great...especially the waffles! We stayed here after my daughter's graduation and then spent the day at the NC zoo with my other daughter and my grandson. It was a very pleasant stay indeed! You won't regret staying here...in fact, you'll be glad you did. ;) Take it from me...a traveler with high expectations!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshine0214
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheboro
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem), NC

Been to Hampton Inn Asheboro? Share your experiences!