“Dependable accommodation.”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Asheboro
Ottawa, Canada
“Dependable accommodation.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We try to stay at this chain of hotels as we find them to be very consistent. This was no exception. We slept well with the usual comfortable beds and soundproof walls. The breakfast was good – except for the scrambled eggs (or is that supposed to be an omelette?) Not very appetizing. That was the only complaint about breakfast. We also found the cost a little on the high side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Greenville, NC
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It's a HI Express, so don't expect full-service hotel. Breakfast was very decent, omelets, cereal, cinnamon buns, ham, the usual self-serve. Plenty of coffee. I was upgraded to a suite as a Priority Club member (off-season, not many guests). Staff was friendly and competent, I requested a late check-out and got it. Room was very clean. Hotel is right on Highway 64 but not noisy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice fireplace suites great for colder weather.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, WV
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel way okay. Could have be a little cleaner. Also I've had a better breakfast at other Holiday Inn Express's, but it was okay. It's just a few miles off the 4 lane, Route 220.. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
nashville tn
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Don't waste your money on this place. We booked a month ahead because they are supposedly pet friendly. We came here for my husband's grandpa's 100th birthday Celebration.. The very first night, when we got back in from visiting family at 10:30 and our dogs barked to greet us and as well barked at people in the hall when we took them out 5 mins later and the person who was complaining right NEXT DOOR kept going out of his room and SLAMMING the door EVERY TIME so GO FIGURE a dog will bark at that! Within an hour after they had settled down the front desk called and threatened me that if they barked again we would need to take them out and LEAVE THEM in the freezing cold truck or LEAVE! After we had paid CASH for our room. My husband called the manager and went off! We have traveled the United States with our dogs and NO PLACE that was pet friendly has EVER been SOOOOOOO INSENSITIVE!! NOT EVER!! As well I was nice to not complain about the pubic hairs in the bath tub that was OBVIOUSLY NOT CLEANED AT ALL! One thing I can not stand is pubs in the bath tub or an unclean bed. So I would say DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME staying here. There is a real nice Hampton Inn next door but they are not pet friendly. Motel 6 is way cheaper and they accept pets and ACCEPT the fact that NOT ALL pet owners have clipped their dogs vocal chords and that DOGS WILL BARK!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rmjones777
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was just at your motel for Richard Petty's NASCAR day, I have been coming their for the last 7 years with a group of my friends and family I just wanted to let you know that the lady on third shift was very helpful and professional and Emily during the day shift was also very kind as well as your breakfast bar man, he was very pleasant and professional at his job. My concerns are with your manager I think his name was either Don or Dan I could not make his tag out, he was very rude and I saw things in the parking lot that were not professional out of him. Looking forward to coming back to Asheboro next year, but hope to come back under better and more professional management.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph B
South Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel was good but the breakfast was subpar. No fresh fruit. And a breakfast staffer actually told us he wasn't allowed to put out catsup packets because a health inspector did not permit that. Believe that and I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Presentation of breakfast was adequate but below the standards for the dozens of other H.Inn Expresses we have visited. So this hotel gets a B minus. But the hotel staff was mostly very helpful and friendly. Suggest they put a woman in charge of breakfast. P.S. Be aware this hotel is noisy because it sits directly adjacent to the main road. It's tolerable if you run your heat and air blower fan.

Room Tip: Stay on the side far away from Dixie Hwy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank RobtNorthCaroli... A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Asheboro, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear RobtNorthCaroli... A,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I am pleased that our staff were helpful and friendly during your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced over our breakfast service. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Charleston, SC
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Tyler greeted us warmly as we checked in Friday afternoon and let us know if we needed him to let him know. They had out complimentary sweet tea right in front of the elevator which is one of my favorite things about this hotel. The hotel had adorable Halloween decorations to make the hotel look festive. They certainly added a fun touch that I haven't seen in many hotels before. They also had out fresh, warm cookies in place of the sweet tea that evening. Our room was on the third floor and we had a King Suite with a microwave, fridge, pull out couch, and desk. It was very spacious. Everything was updated, flat screen TV, the decor was very nice, and the room had plenty of lamps to have good lighting.
The business center houses a computer with a COLOR printer. There were printer problems, but Matt was available despite the late hour to assist me with the printer. He got it working quickly and I was able to print out what I needed for work the next day.
Breakfast the next morning was dull (typical of a Holiday Inn Express Breakfast). They still had their signature cinnamon rolls, but were out of hard boiled eggs. I talked with Eric who informed me that unfortunately they were back ordered and wouldn't be available this weekend. He also said he'd be happy to boil one up for me if he were able to do so. He was very nice and though had a rush when we had gotten there, was able to keep up with everything. A new shipment arrived Monday and they did, indeed have boiled eggs (among other things) that morning.
One thing I didn't like is the phone to call the front desk. It sends you to an "operator" to transfer you and doesn't go straight to the desk so you have to wait on it. It is honestly just easier to walk down to the front desk and ask what you need.
If you plan on dining at Rockola, which is within walking distance, make sure to ask the front desk for a free appetizer coupon!
Our family loves traveling to this hotel any time we stay near Asheboro. I would highly recommend it for business or a family vacation.

Room Tip: Parking in front is difficult to find on the weekends, but if you get a room close to either side of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheboro
Hampton Inn Asheboro
#3 of 6 in Asheboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Asheboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Asheboro? Share your experiences!