“Looks are deceiving”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Asheville, North Carolina
“Looks are deceiving”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Don't let the outside fool you. I did many a time. Every time my husband suggested it I shrugged and said nawh. Finally , I said oh well lets try it. Sooo glad we did. It has such great food. It is an easy place to take a child too because there is plenty of room, not tables on top of each other like some places.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank thejourney101

“Good Thai food!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The building inside and outside is old but it's not dirty. I checked and the sanitation grade is 96.5. I had the kang kalee (yellow chicken curry) with jasmine rice and it was delicious. Will definitely go back!!!

2 Thank PinkyANB
Arden, North Carolina
“Yummiest Thai Food I've Ever Eaten”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I moved to Asheville a few years ago and Wan Pen is one of my Top 5 favorite restaurants. What I truly like is their friendly staff, unpretentious atmosphere, and generous servings of some of the most delicious food! I've become a regular and will drive out of my way to order and pick-up or dine-in. I like to support local restaurants and this one deserves visits from locals as well as visitors.

3 Thank 28704dweller
Jackson, NJ
“Delightful Thai food”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I'm American born and my wife of 25 years is Thai, and the best Thai cook!

We ate there last year three times while on vacation and loved it. One of the best Thai restaurants we've been to - ever! I'll be going back to Asheville in a couple weeks and plan on at least one meal there while in town.

2 Thank dugernaut
Mills River, NC
“Lucky to eat there”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This restaurant is amazing. The facade is no doubt older and usually the inside is nearly empty, but the food fills the stomach and gives the mouth a fantastic explosion of finely balanced flavors. Ask to see the photo album of meals if you can't decide what to get. Enjoy!

2 Thank YodelMonster