“Just not a good value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acropolis Pizza

Acropolis Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bradley Branch Rd
Description: Serving South Asheville and surrounding areas for more then 25 years, Acropolis Pizza dishes up excellent pizza, pasta, gyros, subs, salads and gelato in a family-style atmosphere. In addition, Acropolis Pizza has a gluten-free menu and is conveniently located off I-26 exit 40.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just not a good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had an early dinner on a business trip to Asheville here. Food was acceptable, waitstaff was attentive enough, menue was OK. But the place needs to begin accepting credit cards. Hell, I can do credit cards on my iPhone, if I want. What's the deal here? Guess I should have looked for the Visa and Mastercard stickers on the window. The check-out girl offered to direct me to an ATM if I didn't have enough cash for my $15.00 bill.
My take is this: Italian joints are a dime a dozen. Most are pretty good, but the independents need to recognize that if there is an Olive Garden right down the street, they need to step it up a bit and offer some value for the additional price they charge for their menu.
Bottom line: No credit cards accepted, I'm going elsewhere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Greeneville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Wonderful food and enjoyed it tremendously. Susie Q was very friendly and a good waitress.

Arden, North Carolina
“Best service ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Angela was awesome! She was very knowledgeable about the restaurant's menu. I was undecided of what to eat and she was excellent at helping me make my decision. I ordered the baked spaghetti which was the best I have had in a long time. It's nice to have such a great server. I eat out 7 to 10 times a week and have not had such great service in such a long time. She must be a great employee to have. If you eat at Acropolis I would suggest asking for her.

Candler, North Carolina
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

The shaved lamb is awesome. The service and food is tough to beat. Susie Q. is an excellent waitress. Always happy and fast. Attitude means everything. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Lenoir, North Carolina, United States
“A Great Place To Eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have been eating at the Acropolis for 25 years. My husband and I will make a 65 mile drive for their great Italian/Greek food. I took a group of 21 Master Gardeners for lunch. We had been on a garden tour in the area. I called ahead to let them know we were a large group and they had tables set and ready for us. Susie Q, our waitress was a delight. She took care of all of us with a smile and with great efficiency. She helped folks make their selections and absolutely went out of her way to make sure everyone was satisfied. We all got our food in a surprisingly short time and it was fabulous. My personal favorite is the lamb gyro platter with the greek salad but the pizza is to die for as are the subs and pasta dishes. None of the group had ever been there but everyone agreed that they had found a new favorite restaurant. It's really nice to find such great food combined with people like Susie Q to make the experience perfect!

• Visited June 2012