“We're definitely coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Acropolis Pizza

Acropolis Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bradley Branch Rd
Description: Serving South Asheville and surrounding areas for more then 25 years, Acropolis Pizza dishes up excellent pizza, pasta, gyros, subs, salads and gelato in a family-style atmosphere. In addition, Acropolis Pizza has a gluten-free menu and is conveniently located off I-26 exit 40.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We're definitely coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We recently visited the Acropolis at the recommendation of my mother who remembered the wonderful pizza they serve. We were not disappointed to say the lease! The pizza is soooooo unlike your chain "fast food" pizza AND totally and sinfully delicious. To top it off our waitress 'Susie Q' saw to our every need and could not have been more gracious and efficient. She certainly sets the bar for other wait staff. Because of the food and wonderful service by Susie we will come back to the Acropolis every chance we can get.

1 Thank Teresa P

“Yum!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We love this place! The best Italian food in the area, hands down!! Can't wait to see the new renovations and bar next door!

Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
“Weird charges”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had food delivered to my workplace and all I had was a credit card. They did take it over the phone but charge and extra $2 to the bill for using a credit card. Never in my life have I heard ot that. The food was OK but in this day and age most people don't carry cash, they need to get with the times!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Arden, North Carolina
“Great Pizza!!!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you are looking for a great pizza you have to try this restaurant! They have great prices.Only negative is be aware they do not take credit cards,but ther is a ATM inside with a fee.

• Visited May 2012
“Definitely Not Like a Chicago Gyros”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Since moving to the area 9 months ago, I have been looking for a good gyros sandwich like those in my native Chicago. I was hoping to find one at Acropolis Pizza but was disappointed. My husband and I dined here for lunch on 5/12, both ordering the gyros sandwich. The meat was sliced off the cone like in Chicago, however, it was in very thick strips, not shaved. The flavor was good but a bit strong since the meat is not a mixture of beef and lamb, it is only lamb. It also came with tons of shredded lettuce - enough to make a side salad. Our server was pleasant and attentive, but the atmosphere was dreary. The booths were tired (mine was held together with tape) and the lighting was dreadful. They tried to perk the place up with colorful artwork on the walls, but the place was just dated. And closely look at your check before paying. Ours was an overcharge of $3 on a beer. Also, this establishment does not take credit cards. We might come back to try the pizza but I definitely would not be back for gyros. My search continues...

1 Thank TravelAdvisor99