“Saganaki anyone?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-South

Pomodoros Greek & Italian Cafe-South
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Arden
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Saganaki anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

"opa" Start off with the Saganaki (flaming cheese with pita bread), a glass of red wine and order the Greek Pizza for a wonderful experience

Visited March 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Good food and excellent wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have visited both Pomodoros restaurants many times. Most recently we dined at the one in Arden. We had a large pizza and bottle of Gabbiano Chianti, together with a Greek Salad. The salad dressing was the best wine/vinegar blend I've ever tasted. The pizza was perfectly done, nice crust, good toppings. And the bottle of Gabbiano was superb. It was very crowded when we arrived and we had to wait a little longer than usual, but the service was polite and attentive, and we had no complaints about the delay. The restaurant has some very excellent Greek dishes and I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Suwanee, Georgia
“Expensive but good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This Italian restaurant is about 20 minutes away from Asheville. Both of us aren't much for Italian food but this place was pretty good, pricey, but good! We had a sweet server who had a great sense of humor. We went for an early dinner so the place was pretty empty but really beautiful. You are served warm fresh bread first like most Italian places. We tried the the Solomos Me Lemoni ($17.65) and Bistecca Gorgonzola ( $18.95). The bistecca was amazing.

Visited December 2012
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Nice lunch place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food was good. Appetizers need to be vamped up a bit.
However, the hot dishes are better than the cold ones.
Waitress was very helpful. I'd go back.

Visited December 2012
Ohio
“Italian should be easy to do well...But they didn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been to Pomodoros several times and tonight I took my entire family. The service was excellent and our waitress was fun and lively. I found the menu to be rather limited in the area where they should shine: Italian food aka Pasta! (I don't think this is a new menu - I just hadn't noticed this limited selection on previous visits.) Three of us had spaghetti bolognese (boring selections - but there was little to chose from, we all thought) and one had the grilled salmon. The bolognese was just average. Not bad really, but certainly nothing special. The person eating the salmon commented they'd never had "tough" salmon before as this piece of fish was flat, not flakey at all, and it had clearly been over-cooked. I was disappointed and will push Pomodoros well down my list of acceptable Italian restaurants. Maybe the smallish crowd on what was a busy restaurant night should have been my first clue that they've lost their way in the kitchen.

• Visited November 2012