“We Came Back Again!”
Review of Bent Creek Lodge

Bent Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Arden B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We were so pleased with our first visit a couple of years ago, that we decided to return. The setting of the lodge and the scenery of the whole area is so beautiful and peaceful. We really enjoyed having a beautiful, comfy and inviting place to come "home" to after a day of sightseeing and hiking. Jodee & Doug are gracious hosts and have lots of ideas and information about the area - things to do, places to see and good places to eat! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful lodge with us and for the scrumptious breakfasts!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bent Creek Lodge

Reviewed November 9, 2010

We spent four lovely days at the Bent Creek Lodge. Jodee and Doug are the friendliest, most helpful hosts we have encountered in our travels. The Lodge is a beautiful hand-built structure that seems right at home in its wooded setting. It's perfectly located almost next to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Asheville Arboretum, about 15 minutes from downtown Asheville.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My wife and I recently finished a very comfortable four night stay at the Bent Creek Lodge in Arden, NC. The service at the lodge was first class. Hosts Jodee and Doug were wellcoming, informative and always at our service. They serve a gourmet breakfast which must be sampled to be believed. Our room was cheerful, very comfortable, had a large bathroom and closet and a patio that overlooked lovely trees and a garden. If you are a hiker or want to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, Bent Creek is located five minutes from the Parkway entrance. The scenery from the Parkway and the hiking is terrific.
I highly recommend the Bent Creek Lodge. WT

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wgt259
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Enjoyed our fall weekend at the Lodge. Stayed in the Wild Flower Room and loved the comfort and feel of the room. We had plenty of privacy during our stay at the Lodge being full of guests. We had time alone on the porches and took walks around the property with the dogs leading the way. It truly felt peaceful and relaxing. Jodiee and Doug were very helpful and ready to meet our needs.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed two nights during the fall foliage season, and it was all that we could have imagined. The lodge owners were extremely accommodating to our varied dining requirements (one vegan, one vegetarian and one dairy free). The breakfasts were extraordinarily good! The bed linens were great, and added to the very restful sleep. I would return again, again and again! Asheville has a fabulous vegan restaurant--Laughing Seed. I am not vegan, but the food was scrumptious!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

It was a beautiful place to get away. The Bent Creek Lodge had all of the amenities of a bed and breakfast without feeling claustrophobic. They are friendly, gave great recommendations and wonderful food. We also liked that everyone had there own table for breakfast and the rooms were on multiple levels of the lodge. The back deck was perfect place to relax.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I booked three nights at Bent Creek Lodge for my 4th anniversary. I struggled to find the "perfect" place because my husband and I never have time alone. I really wanted the weekend to be perfect, so when I found BCL on the internet, I knew this was the place for us. Being that my husband is a big outdoorsman, the atmosphere was perfect for him. The lodge is off the beaten path, with quiet, pristine views. My husband fell in love with it the minute we drove up the drive. And me, being from the mountains of West Virginia, the road to the house felt more like being in WV than in western NC. The food was exquisite and the company was wonderful. The hosts, Doug and Jodee, answered every question we had about the area. We were so relaxed that we waited until the last possible moment to check out. Wildlife was also abundant as my husband spotted a black bear and a nice size doe within the three days. We will definitely plan on staying at Bent Creek Lodge again in the near future. It was absolutely PERFECT!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
The Residences at Biltmore
#1 of 1 in Leicester
Asheville Cottages
Asheville Cottages
#1 of 21 in Asheville

Been to Bent Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!